Monday, June 1, 2015

ONE TO THREE HUNDRED CALORIES A DAY????????

No wonder I gained so much weight during my pregnancies!!!! Just now when I was watching Teen Mom reading educational books the doctor stated that you were only suppose to eat ONE TO THREE HUNDRED extra CALORIES A DAY. That's a rude shock. Guess I don't have to worry about that thought. 

Anyways....

FOUR days an no sugar. I am doing okay with it. Today I made THIS.....and it was delicious! 

I never knew Basil was so GOOD! There are so many natural flavors out there that are perfectly delicious. Ummmm......I could not find mozzarella balls so I just cut up chunks. I LOVE balsamic vinegar. It has sugar in it though. So I don't know how that works. Does it count in vinegar? Probably. 
Even when my cravings are gone the mental cravings are going to be harder to deal with. I read in an article "Weak thoughts promote weak decisions and action. STRONG thoughts empower your choices and actions." You guys, Kristopher taught me all about this and I am also learning about it in MANY other ways and it is just SO true. 

And then that guy who wrote that article said this to me....


and sadly...it made me feel good. 

Tonight I went to the high school graduation of a friend I made last year. He has schizophrenia but still graduated high school with very high grades. He has the sweetest soul. But he has suffered terribly from this disease. I LOVE seeing him still have successes. It is possible becasue of the support system he has in his family, doctors, social workers, therapists, teachers and the police who have been there for him at times when he has had to go to the Psychiatric Hospital. Although he is no danger to anyone, when you are in the hospital and you need to go to the Psychiatric Hospital you have to be driven there by the police. The police have taken care of him and become part of his support system. It is part of something called "a hospital without walls". People with mental illnesses can still live a successful life but they may need supports systems in the community. It has been amazing to see him able to thrive despite his illness. It really touched me and since then I thought Schizophrenia (even though I totally can't spell it) is definitely an area of interest for me when I am choosing my career. 
I went back to work today. I was happy there. My work friends are there. 

LOOK!!!! Kate's little peas came in. Too bad she only planted maybe three plants. Haha.....


Also!!!!! Brody chased our cat and bit her tail and skinned part of it off!!!! So mad. Fortunately she stuck around. 



No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...