Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Our dog is magic.


If we left home on a trip and our dog got thirsty we could just leave water bottles laying around and our Brody 

CAN GET LIDS UNSCREWED!!!! In about 3.5 seconds. Literally. He can get lids off bottles. It really impresses us. 

I am still basically non sugar. It is hard to do it maybe the way the hard core people do it. Like when we made homemade pizzas I still ate the white flour which I think is probably a no no because it turns into sugar. Tonight I had a VERY dark chocolate with some peanut butter. And I had some salad dressing with sugar in it....things like that. But I haven't had desserts and I am mostly hanging in there. Sometimes I want them but it has almost always been ice cream and I hear that sometimes you are really just thirsty. I am trying. 

I stay commited by reading articles on sugar being bad for you and on weight loss. It isn't about "looking good." It is about being in control of myself and feeling good. I really liked this:




I liked it because when I was over weight...



I HAD to view my body separate from myself because it hurt so much to be heavy and to have that be who I "was". But now that I am thinner I can see completely how deeply my body affects my mental state. And it is extremely important for me to monitor that now. Which is why I can't ever give up.

So one beautiful evening I go outside and the kids are planting the garden. I had to grab my camera. 




I gave this tree to Corey for his birthday one year. It is his favorite apple, honey crisp.


Planting corn



Because of Brody circling and circling us we decided to put the fence up. It was a hysterical task. We laughed a lot.






Rhett takes charge casue that is who he is!




An ACTUAL LIVE (sleepy) WASP attached to the fence pole!






So Justine taught us One Direction modeling tips. Apparently you look down and then raise your head and eyes and look up and it is supposed to be like some sort of modeling look. 

NATHAN PULLS IT OFF!!!!!


I can't be serious enough to do it. 




A hairy spider. My favorite. Cute little guy. 

Once again, Bo and Kate playing where SHE is carrying HIM. Cracks us up. They played very well together for like a hour. It was a miracle. (Corey slept in the tent with the kids. sadly, I was to sore from surgery. Sad. Not.)








































My new therapist told me to read this book called "Captivating". Have any of you read it? I have to tell you some stuff about it tomorrow. It is a beautiful book. 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...