Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday left me highly amused!

There is a lady in my ward at church who moved in about 1 year ago. I love her to death. She is a TOTAL crack up! Shortly after she moved in I heard her maiden name and that she was from Colorado and I realized she just happened to be my brothers friend's (and my friend) older sister from when I was growing up. I felt amazed that I put the connection together! Like I said, she is a riot! Today in our marriage and family class we were talking about strains on marriage and the teacher (I love, love, love, her (DeAnn) as well, took the whole class just because she was teaching it) talked about how not being able to have children was a strain on marriage. When children don't come, or children that come to fast. And Alaine spoke up and said "or children that come to loud." I busted a gut over that! It is so the story of my life! We have a super loud family. You can hear us on the inside, from the outside, of our house! Talk about embarrassing...and trashy.

After a full hour of fighting two little people all sacrament meeting long I was worn out. So when Bo wanted to be dragged to class (literally) and I told him no and he decided he would then walk on his knees the whole way while still holding my hand I decided that was better than nothing and went with it. So here we are going down a very long hall, me walking, him kneeing, Bro Empey saw us and said "always praying, just always praying." referring to Bo on his knees. Cracked me up. Then Brother Carter came along and grabbed Bo's other hand and we, together, carried him off to class.

Thankful for good people to attend church with! And just so the Bush family knows Bo wants his teachers back! (The new ones are perfectly nice and patient though.)

Justine spoke in church today. She was scared to death but I was proud of her doing it anyway!

Also we had the best speakers in Sacrament (along with my kid). The husband had not been a member and she was and they talked about his conversion and how she converted at the same time spiritually. It was really a great day. Until we discussed staying out of debt in Relief Society. That sort of put a damper on things...oh yeah, and cooking from scratch(you know to save money)! That part stunk too.

I do love going to church though.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Aw, that makes me feel good, Susan! Not that I don't want Bo to love his teachers but that he remembers us still. We miss our class too. Its a very slow settling in process for us right now. *sigh*

kirstensblog said...

Susan, you are doing so great! I know that the lesson in Relief Society was a toughie. Especially at this time of year. So, yeah. I didn't buy some groceries because I could make them from scratch, ha ha. I guess it is rubbing off. But I do my best....except sometimes I get a wild hair, as you know! 100 dollars. wink

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...