Thursday, November 5, 2009

What is going on with those little silver candy balls we all love so much?

Is anyone else feeling my pain? Don't you just miss those little silver balls? Can I just say how seriously mad I am about it! Seriously mad! Where have all the "Dragees" (dumb name) gone? It has bothered me for YEARS! Every time I go into a new store, I try to find them. Gone! Can't find them! The other day I see in a magazine that they are on a cake. I get so excited until I see a little astrix by the picture which informs me that they are not for human consumption. What the Chicken? Since when? They were a Christmas staple at my house growing up! I also learned they actually have a real name. A stupid name "Dragees". Blah. Don't like it. Anyway, I decided to do some Internet research, (you know because that is an effective use of my time) and I learn they contain "minute quantities of heavy metal" in them so now they are only for decoration! That is stupid. Who wants to decorate your Christmas cookies with things you can't even eat! I guess other countries still eat them and consider them non toxic but I'm not sure that makes me feel better. How do we send a man on the moon, talk to people on the phone bazillions of mile away, do heat transplant, etc., but we can't make those favorite little candies "minute metal free"?????! Forget doctors, lawyers, and crocodile hunters (oh yeah!). I am hoping someday I will be the mother to the child who reinvents edible "Dragees"! And when he or she does, we are changing the name as well.

And that's how I feel about the subject!

4 comments:

Janetlee said...

I have no idea what you are talking about but you are very funny! What the chicken?

kirstensblog said...

Well my darlin, I share not your love of silver dragees. I always hated how they hurt my teeth and gave me MERCURY POISONING! What the chicken! ha ha!

kirstensblog said...

I also want a blog on nonpareils. Don't forget! (nonpareils is the real word for those round rainbow sprinkles. Unlike the soft rainbow oblong sprinkles, known as jimmies.) ha ha, I am Cliff Claven from Cheers.

Unknown said...

What a drag(ee) that they don't make them edible anymore! Sorry abut that. Cute post. I also was wondering exactly how they do a "heat transplant" - because it sounds a bit too kinky for you to be posting about on a public blog! lol.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...