Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hee hee, hoo hoo, Hee Hee, hoo hoo


That is the breathing exercises I was doing in the back seat of the car during my first "parent ride along" with Kassidy and her driver's ed teacher. It was a little crazy to be sitting in the back seat with my kid driving! All in all, she did excellent but, I was a little terrified one or two times. Mostly when the teacher had her speed up and do 70 on the free way! Then, did you know when you are going to get off the ramp you should continue to do that speed until you are all the way onto the ramp! That gave me a mini heart failure because she was getting off the ramp and not slowing down. All in all she did great and it is really exciting to have a daughter maturing into a woman. I know that is cheesy, but it is true and neat. She is an awesome, responsible, sometimes grumpy kid! Love her!



Have you all checked out this crazy pig at bear world? We have about three pictures of him over the years just like this.

He looks like he is no longer with us, but I assure you he is.


Here is a "WHAT THE CHICKEN?" moment for you:

Don't you find it nutty that there are actually people on the road who find it funny to swerve at the kids whose cars have driving students marked on them? Does that just seem like a very foolish thing to do or what! The teacher had to actually get signs that go on the side of her car instead of the cheese wedge on top because it was less of a sign saying, "student driver, harass me". As we were driving along an older guy was right next to us. We all look over because he was lingering so close to us and he was laughing and smiling and even pointing at us. What the chicken? I don't get it. He wasn't even a teenager or anything. He was a adult man. Laughing and pointing at us. Weird!

Also for those of you who must debate me, I re-asked the teacher, and when you are swerving and we have all been told to "turn into it", that is actually false according to the training the drivers ed teacher received in her driver's ed instructor training at ISU. You do not turn into it. You turn your wheels to the target of where you were trying to go. Makes sense to me!

4 comments:

Christina said...

I think that I would be having a heart attack too! Especially since the teacher obviously needs to spend a little more time in training since she doesn't understand how to properly turn a car in a bad situation, and here she is training the younger generation!! AAAHhhhhh!

Susan said...

Just to clarify, it's not the teachers fault. That is what she was taught by the people at ISU who train the driving teachers. I think it makes perfect sense to turn where you are trying to go.

Unknown said...

I have to tell you I love that daughter of your 's too she is awesome!

kirstensblog said...

Seriously, there are some "what the chicken." people out there. Wouldn't that be funny if that lingering creeper was just like, instantly plowed over by an oncoming bus, due to his stupidity of making fun of a student driver? Ha ha! I of course, would only think it funny in imagination, kind of like that Ally McBeal show where she imagines things happening to the person who irritates. Ha ha, the bus thing would be funny.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...