Friday, February 5, 2010

Parenthesis, comas, and quotations,...oh my!

Because I have learned that a teacher is following my blog it is now time for me to disgracefully admit that I have no idea when to use comas and when... to not. Maybe you've notice that by now.

Also, I might have ADD, because I am constantly interrupting my thoughts with other thoughts in parentheses and sometimes what is in those parenthesis is so long that one can't remember what I was saying before the parenthesis started, causing one to have to start over on the sentence. And I guess I must admit that I don't really know how to use parenthesis even though they are my little friends. Sometimes I add comas before and after them but I don't know if that is correct and so sometimes... I don't. (are there any rules when I can use the dot dot dot, ...?)

I also don't know if the explanation point should be in or out of quotations either.
I am a grammatical mess!

Despite my harassment of my children keeping their grades up I was a LOUSY student. Corey was astonished and amazed I graduated college (with an Associates) with my silly classes.

HEY...

Can you say you got an A+ in pack and outfitting? As in...on horses? I didn't think so! Anyway, if the teacher in anyone feels so inspired to leave me a comment on the rules of my grammatical mistakes, feel free. I would love to know the proper ways to use coma and quotations and my sweet little parenthesis.

Okay, Enjoy the pictures of me in school as a child.

Kindergarten



1st Grade

Apparently, I cut my bangs before picture day on a regular basis! I have another picture, a grade older, with bangs cut again!

4th grade


9th grade

12th grade
I love me here. Brings back good memories. I loved growing up in my parents home. This was my favorite shirt as well. I don't know why this is but when I smell the cologne "Jovan Musk" it shoots me straight back to being a teenager and living at home. It makes me feel good. I still always have a bottle and it is the first perfume I wear. I love it. People might be surprised by this about me, but when I don't smell like baby puke I love to wear perfume. I don't really have much but I love it. I want to get more. And some really great kinds like my mom in law and sis in law wear. (hint hint, Corey) I also like it when people wear a lot. Just a side bar.

Back to my grammar issues my dad also informed me I need to watch my spelling. That's not my fault! If there are any misspelled words leaking through it is spell checks fault, because blogger has it and I am using it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah? I'm married to a guy who edits billboards, game boxes and emails he gets from other people. It makes someone like me a bit paranoid. Especially since, like you, I write how I talk which makes sentences long and often interrupted. I figure, if you can sound it out and read the sentence just fine nobody should care whether or not you did everything correctly, you got your point across right?
Just my opinion. . .
PS. I love . . .'s I do them alllll the time.
PSS My kids could play with the animals on your blog all day long if I let them.
PSSS Sorry if you get this comment twice. . .

Unknown said...

your girls look just like you!

Tracy said...

Hi Susan

Tracy said...

Yeah, that is the spitting image of Justine! By the way, which siter-in law? ( I'm only asking because I'm hoping you'll say me) ;)

Unknown said...

I was just gonna say that Justine looks exactly like you. About the grammar stuff.. you already know what a freak I am about it all - so don't worry and just continue writing from your heart - it makes it more "you" to read about!

Susan said...

Susan, I think what I said about spelling really was spelling incorrectly by using the wrong grammar word. I.e., check where you meant there or their or they'are in that last Blog. People don't really care if you are overweight, they are only briefly noticing you and then it is back to themselves. What did you think of my extented hair?

Dad

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...