Sunday, February 7, 2010

Appreciation for husband, Sunday the 6th!


When I had our last baby it was slightly traumatic. I had to stay on bed rest AFTER the baby was born! Who ever heard of that! I was M-A-D. So I stayed in bed with no cable and watched every night an episode of Texas Walker Ranger at 5:00. Want me to sing the theme song? I can. In a way it was nice because I was locked in my room with my new baby and didn't have much distraction. In a way it was awful because I was worried about my health and felt like I just wanted to go back to being "mom" and taking care of the 5 other children. I got better and everything was fine shortly there after.

The other day I was going through my paper drawer looking for something to make a list on and I found this little notebook.





At the time of my "Cordell Walker" days



(so sorry, couldn't resist)

Corey had thought all by himself to buy this for me so I could track my blood pressure. I neurotically did that (you know like when you weigh yourself every hour) but more importantly I used many a page as a little journal that I later transferred into the babies scrap book. I was so thankful for this notebook and a husband who thought to bring it to me. Because of it I had an easy way to journal those new sweet moments with, super likely and sadly (and a little happily), our last baby. I really just wanted one more boy though. I was going to name him Jesse. Boo!



Anyhoo, Thanks, Corey! Love ya, Cordell!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Awhhhh...Corey. Ewwwww...Chuck Norris.

kirstensblog said...

LOL at that last comment. Funny.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...