Thursday, September 18, 2014

Girl's day!


Justine has totally moved on. I saw her today while I was up at school and she is over it. Part of me is a tiny bit sad because she really isn't missing me (I asked her, she confessed). But most of me is glad she is having a great time experiencing college life and a social life! Everything so far is working out great for her. 

School today was so much fun for me. Great conversations and interesting. Really enjoying my teacher and the class mates are so sweet. 

So our kids get birthday parties every other year. Trust me, that is the way to do it. Every year gets old! Unless you only have a few children. But aside from it being easier on me it is also good to keep the kids from getting too spoiled. Justine was supposed to have a party for her eighteenth  birthday but she chose a day in Jackson Hole instead. She loves to just look in stores. We underestimated how expensive Jackson Hole was and so we couldn't bring ourselves to buy anything! It was so sad! I think she might have bought a necklace. And we bought chocolates. But otherwise we didn't buy anything. But she was still super happy going into every store.

The first store was full of the awesomest rings! We tried all of them on practically.


Total heaven in the candy store...


which Newell, my coworker, who has gone to culinary school, says their proper names are bon bons. 





We tried on hats.... I wanted this one so much. But $35!!!!!!! I couldn't.




One of the stores literally had a store cat! I keep trying to get my boss to let us have a shop pet. He doesn't see the beauty in it.



We had lunch outside at some bread and hamburger place. It was delicious. 


She was trying to figure out how to not have the bar in her face. lol






I love Ripley's Believe it of Not! S we went to the museum. It started out PERFECTLY with a slightly creepy girl who was taking our payment to get in the museum. She got mad at us for making that bar that you walk through turn too many times. And we didn't even know what we had done. I don't even think we did it! But she was annoyed and just ODD enough that we worried she might be following us through the whole museum. And on top of that the museum was dead. We were the only ones there!


We turned a corner and saw ourselves in this mirror! Justine and I SCREAMED and she was so totally startled. She is so funny!













Albino buffalo.

My favorite part of the museum was this room that had glass floor and the room spun around you. When I  stood it it I was absolutely convinced I was spinning. But the room was spinning around me. It was so dang weird. Like really. It was a mind trip. Justine was so worked up over it she just RAN through it and wouldn't even try it. She was convinced it was going to make her nauseous, I want to build one.














I had to take this for my friend Becci's kid. They have a pug. I was grossed out the whole time I was in the mask. Who knows how many people tried it on!!!!! EWE!

And on the way home a square ice cream cone and dinner here! 


Now she is a college girlie! Love her tons. 

On the way home we went to this truffle store that was inside the Ha-gen Daaz store. They had key lime truffles. I am such a chocolate person. But theses were so green and sparky and pretty. I had to get one. And it was seriously divine. I have no idea why but it was! They home make them in that store. Justine had a pumpkin pie one. She loved it too!
  

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...