Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I am the master note card writer for tests. master.

I am done with this semester of school

Holy Hallelujah!!!!

I can't even describe today (my first free day) what a relief it was.

I slept all morning, went to my new therapist, came home and vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed. We have a SERIOUS dog hair problem. 

I helped Justine move back home a little. I have made her and Kassidy a "room" to share for the times they will be home. I have really made it cute (Well, I am still working on it) and have poured a lot of love in it. It is just totally a makeshift room (can't have them toooo comfortable, right?) but when they left we gave their rooms to their siblings. But now I am seeing that they need a place to come home to. I'll show you pictures later. I went to the D.I., shopped for a bed on Craig's list and sewed the couch cousins and I can't believe that AGAIN tomorrow I have no real obligations. It is AWESOME. I feel so spoiled. But I am getting my house and life ready for my surgery.

One week until my surgery. I Googled it and talked to my Dr. and it is going to be SCARY. AND...he said I have a heart murmur! I have never had one before so my main Dr. is making me go get an ultrasound on it. I'm not too worried. But I don't want it to interfere with my surgery. And I also don't know why suddenly I have a heart murmur. I guess it's a little concerning but only when you Google it. I should know better than to goggle anything.

So I got a C+ in statistics. The hardest class in the century. It was sooooo hard. Here is a picture of the cheat sheet you are allowed to bring into the test. THAT IS HOW HARD IT IS. And with this cheat sheet I STILL only got an F+. Crazy.

I had two super faithful tutors. One of my tutors was only 21 but he was fairly wise. He wants to be a therapist and I think he would be awesome. Sometimes I am sitting by them feeling like an idiot because I am so clueless. So I awkwardly said...."Won't you miss me?" and he was so kind and sincere and said he will miss working with someone who works so hard. And then after all the tutoring was over and we were saying goodbye he told me "I've never seen anyone work so hard at a class ever!" I felt good about that! That is why I am proud of my F+. If I hadn't of studied I would have got a C+ in the class. So even if I failed a lot I still got what I needed to move on. Kristopher told me once that a lot of college is just jumping through the hoops and I have certainly found that to be true.

Here is my night stand table. I buy books for a penny on Amazon all the time. Makes me happy. I hope to read a bunch over the summer. 




OKAY.......... You are never ever going to believe this. You know Sybil???? You know. Sybil??? Split personality? WELL!!!!! Apparently it IS NOT EVEN TRUE!!!!! I died. 

When my super smart and interesting teacher told us that I died. NO WAY. So I ordered a book on the topic. I'm kind of scared to read it. It has creepy dolls on the cover. 

It's my cute nephew's b-day tomorrow.
Look what Justine and I got him tonight....


IT"S A PIZZA PILLOW!!!!! Doesn't it look real?????

It looks like a greasy piece of pizza sitting there! Justine and I are super excited about it. 

So my super interesting teacher has some real health problems. 

He taught us something that other cultures believe. We get very upset as Americans when things don't go well because we believe we are "suppose" to be happy and if life isn't going well then there is something definitely wrong. 

The cultures we were learning about which I think was Japan and Asia, they don't get riled up or depressed about life when it goes bad. They believe that life is suffering. So when bad things happen they don't really consider it a problem because they just already expect that that is what life is. 

So I went his office for a minuet to chat and I saw on his wall in all fancy writing..."Life is Suffering". I mentioned to him in all seriousness that that must bring him peace when he is bothered with his health. I don't know what it was about it but when I read it I felt peace. He told me that yes. It really did. That he will be feeling sick and sad and he will look at that quote and be like "oh yeah." and be able to move on with his day. 

What do you guys think? I think it is awesome. I really do.

Alright, talk to you all later. 

2 comments:

Angie said...

I totally agree with the "Life is suffering" not that it is all bad, but you know, testing is the reason we are here! Like school. It's not all fun and games. It is work (that can be enjoyable) and a lot of times is HARD. "It's about the journey"!

Jennifer said...

Hi! Congratulations on finishing your term. Think of how you are inspiring your children to also value education. As for the thoughts that life is suffering, I like a definition of the word suffer that we don't usually consider: to allow. It's in the scriptures, such as when the disciples didn't want people to bother Jesus, and he said, "Suffer the children to come unto me." So if life is suffering, by this definition life is allowing. It's allowing things to happen over which we may not have control. Where we do have control is how we respond, and we can choose to see trials as opportunities for growth. But easier said then done, right?

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...