Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We have an official new family member!!!!

Being out of school is glorious. The first few days I woke up and was like...

I HAVE NO REAL STRESS OR OBLIGATION TODAY! It was awesome.

But now I am like 7 days to my surgery and I have all these cleaning goals plus I have to work almost every day.

But...I have been getting a lot of organizing to do and I love getting things in order. I am even going to try to clean the horrid carpets myself. I have never done that before.

OH!!! And I made my girls the best room downstairs.

And when my girls left we gave their rooms to the boys but I have learned they need a place to come back to because Justine sharing a room with Kate now that she is back isn't working so well. She needs her own space.

I bought this cute bed for Kassidy and I hung shelves and made a shoe shelf and got dressers and decorations. Etc... It is PERFECT. Justine thinks the bed is an old lady bed. I think it is cute. I always like things a tiny bit unique.

FINE. I'll show you pictures even though you'll see a totally unfinished embarrassing room but I think it is AWESOME. I also know it is made out of a lot of make shift mismatched stuff. But I can't make it too comfortable right? I do want them to go back to college right? :)



Justine helping Grandpa hang up a shelf...



I added shelves to this book case to make it a huge shoe shelf for them.






Justine and I went to our friends who had gobs of used furniture. We looked and looked and measured and measured. What do we leave with? This crazy thing that electricians wrap wire around. Our friend painted it a little and then didn't ever do anything more with it. JUSTINE LOVED IT!!!!! And really wanted it. I think it looks pretty cute actually even though something with drawers might have been more practical. 


I decorated Kassidy's shelves with some flying pigs. They seem to be in style but more importantly..it is like the animal of Ohio or something like that...Before Kassidy left I made her pack up everything and like two days later we literally painted her room for Nathan. So with this new room I unpacked all of her stuff. It made me think a lot about her. Sweet girl.


A big mirror, it is so pretty. 


 Justine is super weirded out about how close their beds are to each other. She is so full of funny little issues.  I love them all. Since the girls are both only going to only be around part time, that is why they have such a cozy, make shift room. 

So here is our other awesome news!!! What does this look like to you??? Yes! Pet bowls!


The neighbors moved. And the let us keep the cat!!!!
Seriously, it would have devastated Kate had they not. I'm grateful for Kate's sake that we get to have him. 

Kate held an official vote on what we should rename the cat. Whiskers and Cuddles were her top two choices. Kate got the family together to vote. It was very official. I don't think we can change it's name now. 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...