Thursday, April 2, 2015

YUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK!!!


I just grabbed a handful of chips that were from Rhett's last camp out with the scouts!!!!!! Do you know how many gross hands touched those chips???????

Ugh. After I ate them Rhett was so happy to inform me...."Those are scout chips!!!" 

Blahhh,*wipes of tongue* *Asks for dish soap*

We were just watching The Middle where the mom ate chips out of a bag her son had clipped his toe nails in!!!!!! Funny timing.

So still no caffeine, aspartame and mostly sugar.

I have one tiny square of dark chocolate.

I want chocolate BAD right now. What keeps happening is I never feel satisfied and eat more of other stuff. But.... (aside from scout chips) that other stuff hasn't been too hazardous to my calories. Not like a million candy bars are.

Today I went to THE BEST PLACE EVER. I took the kids to see my parent on their mission.
The Humanitarian Center. It is run by our church and I never realized ow many things are done there. The things are sent to different countries or disaster areas who have a need. 

There were just all sorts of people, mostly older, sitting around working on projects. It was such a happy place. There was a group of recliners in a circle with people knitting away. My psychology teacher, the one I keep telling you I have stuff to tell you about but I never get around to telling you, he was a therapist to people. When he worked with people for depression he REQUIRED them to do this list of things if they wanted to see him. 

1) Exercise
2) Nutrition
3) Sleep
4)Social life
5) Fun
6) COMMUNITY SERVICE.... (After being at this place I can see how much it could help with sad feelings. Doing such good in such a fun way, perfect plan.)

So here is my mom on her mission. Isn't she cute in her apron? I knew which was her work space because of her diet pop. Lol.


So first we had a tour. This is a display showing all the interesting things that are made...


Burb clothes...


Bo and a kit for a new born baby


The hats for little babies who have died


Meeting the people at my mom's work space...
She is one of the quilters...



This is a "mat" made out of grocery sacks!!!!!!! I found it the most amazing thing ever. It is totally soft and AWESOME. They give it to homeless people to sit or sleep on to stay warm. Out of GROCERY BAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I died. It just sent the spirit of all that is good in the world right through me. 


Laminated books with beautiful animals made from calendars....



These dolls are one of my very favorite. And they have these darling beds to go with them.




HAND PAINTED!!!









I love this also! This is for Foster children. So they can have a scrapbook of some type.




These often go to disaster sights. In some cases the Humanitarian items have  been the first to arrive on the scene of a disaster.



These are cute little wooden wheels. Two older men were painting tons of them.


Jump rope handles!



Braided fabric make the ropes...



Bo, testing one out...


The kid's Uncle Frank volunteers one day a week. He wasn't there today but this is where he works! Back in the inventory. My mom says he loves it back there!



My dad works in the wood shop area. I was told they love him back there. He is pretty handy!










The boys got put to work. It was awesome.





Jump Rope Handles!


So later one of these boys told me it was boring (working on the jump ropes). I taught him what my Professor teaches when people say this kind of thing. 

"SOOO!!! You're not doing it for YOU. You're doing it to help other people! It's not about you." 

It's just kind of funny how we think if we don't like something then we shouldn't do it when helping others. That's not the point. The point is THEM.

So they have this great little spot for kids...

The kids get to pick out two wood items. One to keep and one to give away. 


The got to sand it and paint it. They loved it!







It was such a great morning. You guys should go check it out. 


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...