Friday, August 7, 2015

I don't do titles anymore. I'm over it.

I totally love Facebook. When I left my home in Colorado I was sad to never go back and see any of my high school friends. I love FB because it gives me a chance t see how they are. (But HEY!!! Why have I not been invited to one single class reunion....? True story.)

So one of my cute friends from my seminary class and I are in contact occasionally (Jennifer! My computer died and I have lost my email contacts so I can't respond and say thank you for your great idea!) and she reads my blog and she told me this SERIOUSLY GRAND idea about what she does with her kids tattling.

I LOVE IT. I haven't tried it yet but I seriously think it is brilliant.


This is what she emailed me about how she handles her littles. "I told them I wanted to be able to give my full attention to their complaints, but I was busy right now, so could they please right it down in the notebook for me to review later? This made them screen how important it was to tattle. The process of writing it down (or drawing) served as a time out, removing them from the scene and helping them calm down. Or, and this ultimately happened, they learned that tattling created more work for them, so they stopped."

Is that not the best plan ever!!!!!!!

 I love it because....when Kate comes and tells me that her brother hit her or whatever.... I feel terrible saying (which happens) well what did you do to cause that? Because she does! But I don't want her to ever think it is okay to be hit. So it gets confusing how to handle it. But she provokes and provokes. And because of the enormous amount of tattling I often am like "I DON'T CARE!!!!!" And I completely do not want to negate her/their feelings. It hurts my heart that I am doing that.

So I totally can how this notebook idea is so great. I love that you can tell them, I really want to give you my full attention. But can you go put it in your notebook till I can? And I love love that they will decide in the end that is just isn't worth the time it takes to put it in the notebook. Bahahaha.

Still can't load pictures. But here is an oldie of Bo and Kate loving each other! Kate....fresh from playing in my mascara....again.


Have I mentioned I accidentally dyed my hair to dark? As in black? Yea. So that's the deal with that.

And...Because I think this is the FUNNIEST thing ever. Totally me when I have treats. Often when Corey and I would get a treat, he never wanted one. But then later he would want a bite of mine. That's irritated me. So I was like this otter.



And this because it is just super funny.
 



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello! Did I really write the word right instead of write? Eek. I got the idea of the tattle-log from a teacher who used it in her class. If you give it a try your kids' contributions might be some good blog material, if nothing else. :) I really like the effort you are putting into prayer. That's certainly an area in which I need to improve, so thank you for your example. I think you're great!

Jennifer said...

P.S. jenniferhatch5@gmail.com

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...