Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I don't feel much like blogging lately. I think I am working so hard on my prayers that I am getting a lot of my "talk time" out already. But since this is my journal for my kids someday I also hate to neglect it.

I am SO BURNED out from summer. I am so ready for my little kids to go back to school. I feel like that makes me a bad mom. But the non stop fighting and tattling between Bo and Kate is exhausting.

Today Kate was happily petting Brody. Often he is not too interested in them petting him because he just really is not a little kid dog. He was being whiny because he had been put out back and he thinks that is horrible. So he was tolerating her. Kate was so happy that she wanted me to look. I looked for a minute and then she said..."Can you watch me all day?"

And she was serious. It was funny but sheesh.

She literally wants me to watch her or play with her or entertain her all day. I feel so badly because I don't want her to be left wanting in the emotional department. But I am giving all I can. And I mean it.

I should have known I was in trouble with the sad face she could pull!

 
Look how cute she is though?

 
I quit my anti depressant. I have only taken it for a few years and I wanted to see if I was good with out it. I weaned myself down like you are suppose to. Then I started feeling a little weird. My eyes were darty or wiggly or something. And there was one day where I felt like I was weak or could pass out or felt fluish. The pharmacist said to do a 1/2 pill every other day now since I was already down to 1/2 pill every day. Now I am feeling okay. I am not really noticing a change emotionally although I am not really sure I felt they made a difference anyway. So we will see.
 
Justine and I snuck away tonight and went and saw Jurassic park. It was very good and we both loved the hunk in it.
 
Today I had a really great talk that I really needed with a friend. I was telling her how I was trying to work out some really important problems through prayer. I haven't really spent much time doing that before. She said when she gets sad she prays for the atonement to help her.  I gues I sort of thought the atonement was for repentence and such. She told me that that was only a piece of the pie. And she didn't understand how it all works but it does. I'm going to trust that and when I feel sad I am going to ask Heavenly Father for the atonement to help me.
 
OH! So totally dumb thing that happened to me on the way home from the movie. I got pulled over. Again. I was swerving onto the yellow line a little. But I promise I was not even close to being scary. I was ITCHING my leg. I pulled my pant leg up, itched my leg, and was trying to get the pant leg back down. But because of my enormously fat legs I could not get my pant leg down and was swerving a little bit.
 
The police man wasn't EVEN amused about it. And when he gave me my information back (no ticket, phew) He told me next time I needed to itch my leg I should pull over.
 
Bahahahahahahhahahaha!!! Justine wanted to DIE.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think you're an amazing mother! I learned of an effective method to deal with tattling when my two oldest were about Bo's and Kate's ages: the tattle-log. I told them I wanted to be able to give my full attention to their complaints, but I was busy right now, so could they please right it down in the notebook for me to review later? This made them screen how important it was to tattle. The process of writing it down (or drawing) served as a time out, removing them from the scene and helping them calm down. Or, and this ultimately happened, they learned that tattling created more work for them, so they stopped.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...