Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Faith in Fair Carnival Scum has been restored! I knew they weren't so bad!


Corey and I took the boys to the state fair yesterday with some free tickets I had leftover from the rabbit show. I had told the boys they could each ride ONE ride. The rides are crazily, ridiculously expensive! As we were walking to the carnival there was a vendor that goes along with the carnival, selling every piece of light up stuff imaginable. They had multi colored light up swords that the boys thought were super cool! So they traded their ride for a sword. I bargained with the lady (thanks, Viki, for giving me the nerve) and bought them for a deal. As we were walking away of course we discovered one broken so we walked back and asked the guy in charge to trade. He did so and had to also change the batteries and then realized the toy he was selling was sort of junky. He asked how much I paid for them and I told him. THE MAN actually walked away to his cash box and brought me back ONE dollar! Faith in all humanity fair carnival scum has been restored!!! It was amazing!



Actually lots of time they're not so bad. I wonder if they get use to being treated bad so they aren't friendly. But sometimes if you are friendly they will be back as well. That or they kidnap you. Regardless none of them are as creepy as the fortune tellar lady. She is spooky in a really real way!





On a different note Bo got to go on his one ride and he chose the motorcycles. He went around and around and his little face was BEAMING!!!! Worth the 3 bucks for sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - I'm impressed. Way to go Susan. The fact that you have faith in all humanity on ONE dollar's sake says a lot about you. Thanks for being a dear friend.

Janetlee said...

I use to be a carnie....just kidding. But my parents owned a food booth at the Western Idaho State Fair in Boise. I've served many a carnie breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Filled many a coffee cup for them. They are good people for the most part. Nice post Susan!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...