Saturday, September 19, 2009

Together Forever, For Always, and No Matter what!

Today is our 17th wedding anniversary! How does that happen? I am so old! I am proud of us for sticking it out through thick and thin. I just wish I wasn't the thick, Ha! Seriously, there is a lot to be said for commitment! I LOVE the thing Jeff Fox worthy said in an interview about how he was still married after so long. He said, "well, I didn't die, and I didn't leave." Cracks me up!

Seventeen things I love about Corey which he will NEVER know because he NEVER reads.
1. I like a manly man.
2. He is scared of NOTHING.
3. He cleans up ALL his own stuff. I never have to pick up after him.
4. He brings humor to the world. I have to always tease him about this because when he finished college (the 2nd time) he was being interviewed for a job we desperately needed and she asked him what he could bring to the company. He said "Humor" because that was just what he came up with at the time. (wouldn't have been his preferred answer) and she said "I bet you can". He is funny and that has always been our joke.
5. Teaches kids to enjoy outdoors. They would never get that from me.
6. Has aways wanted and supported me being a stay at home mom.
7. Easily co hearsed into having 6 kids.
8. works super hard at mowing, weeding, chopping wood, and keeping up with yard.
9. Has learned to fix our cars.
10. Doesn't watch T.V. I can have it all to myself.
11. Tons of determination.
12. Whenever we have date night he loves to do the exact same thing as me. Dinner and an action movie!
13. He tries every time he makes eggs to get them exactly how I like them. Which is a very fine line but he tries really hard to make me the perfect egg.
14. If we were ever in a life or death situation I know he would take care of us and help us before he helped himself. If we ever had to sleep in a tent he would make sure we were all fixed up before he fixed himself.
15. He NEVER falls asleep while driving. I don't ever have to worry about that.
16. He takes our kids out to breakfast on their birthday. They love it!
17. He is a good guy.
Happy Anniversary, Corey! I love you!

4 comments:

Janetlee said...

Oh my gosh! You two are so adorable in that picture! Now-a-days, you are just beautiful Susan. I could make a long list of the things I love about you.

You try so hard....at everything.
You are humble and kind.
You are an awesome mother, nothing you wouldn't do for your kids.
You are absolutely truthful and I like knowing your honest feelings.
You are funny and it especially comes out in your writing.
You are loyal and faithful even when times are tough.

I love you Susan! Congrats on 17 years!

Megan said...

Congratulations! 17 years is such a great accomplishment. I loved reading your 17 things you love about your husband! Here's to another 17 years!

kirstensblog said...

I love this post. So sweet. I think I will do one for Dave and he will never know too. ha ha. I agree with all of Janet's stuff. Especially the honesty, humility, creative, oh, everything she said. And as always, the beauty, because you are. AND I am a fan of people with your coloring. seriously, haha. I know I have that coloring, but I think it is striking. Especially your eyes. Way to be beautiful! Good job. weird word verification thingy, "pense"

Idahomomof7 said...

Who knew that we both had #13 in common! Rodney too! Funny!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...