Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wanted: Time Freezing Machine...

















Today I was with my baby (toddler) at the store. I was putting her in a grocery cart hogging up all the room for the people who wanted to get a cart. I apologized to a lady and she said "I've been there." I am sure she was saying that to reassure me that life will get easier and soon I won't be hogging up the isles. However it filled me with (extreme word usage coming up) PITY for her. I
seriously wanted to cry for her. How sad it is not to have a sweet chubby lovely little toddler to put in the grocery cart!

I don't want to leave this stage of live. This stage of life where I have been able to raise these little people has been magical and moving and incredible. The last 15 years has been the happiest of my life ever! Now I know if you talk to my friends they might say, but you complain about how hard it is, how you can't keep the house clean, how you can't wait to have alone time, how your husband doesn't help enough (oops, I meant to just think that one), how tired you are, ...blah blah blah. And that is true, I can't wait for those times as well. But deep down to my inner core and deep down to every fiber in my being, this is as good as it gets for me. Being the mama is the sweetest. tenderest of experiences. These children are a gift, they are lovely, (and naughty, annoying, frustrating, clueless, messy, again... blah, blah, blah..) But these children are lovely. This earth life opportunity is grand, the chance to mother is grand, the chance to have chubby toddlers with messy morning hair in grocery carts is grand. I love Heavenly Father and His wisdom. I love this stage of life. I don't want to leave it. I don't want to be one of the people looking at the young mothers, happy I don't have chubby toddlers with messy morning hair in my grocery cart. I'm sad I am moving forward. I am sad I can't ingrain these memories in my soul forever. I am sad time can't freeze right now.




P.S. However, ask me after their nap time and when school lets out. This could all change.
P.S.S. I have always loved school portraits. This year I abandoned all hope as the prices just kept creeping crazily up and the pictures were horrible. My friend Emily Downey who is a photographer took these as the school pictures for a great price. Note Nathan who is trying to have Zac Efron hair.

4 comments:

Janetlee said...

Ditto to everything you wrote except that I am happy to move onto the next chapter. I especially agree with the part about how it could all change after I take a nap. Every day is a different adventure.

Janetlee said...

Oh, and one more thing...Your kids are beautiful! The picture of Kassidy is stunning! She is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Ditto on the cute kids! Good work mom!

kirstensblog said...

I love the pictures. Your kids are so so beautiful! And I also ditto the Janet comment, because how fun is the next chapter going to be? It twill be as fun as those amazing teenage pictures of yourself that you posted. Just them instead of you, and they won't have eighties hair. Which is very cute on you by the way.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...