Saturday, February 12, 2011

Corey's dad gone 12 years today

Dear Bruce,

It has always disappointed me that you never got to see how I turned out. I was just sort of a new mom when you died. My oldest was only 4 and I was pregnant with our third. I really wanted you to see the kind of mom I grew to be. I know you would be really proud of me and the job I am doing. I know you would be proud of the boys I am raising that carry your name for you. I have stood on the graves of your parents knowing that I am raising their posterity and promising to raise men of God.

My oldest girls have love for you as they do remember you some. My baby carries the fire you carried when you would ride that old feisty horse, Apache. That is how I love to remember you, on that spirited horse that you loved even though no one else did. Wise with experience and unfazed by his bluffs, smirky smile on you face.... at your happiest.

Love, Susan



(Bruce, ALWAYS easy is the saddle, me following, still learning)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Carolyn said.... I read your blog and had to have a little cry as you wrote about Bruce. We all wonder what he would think of us after the years that have passed. Somehow, I know that he knows what we are doing--and what kind of mother you are. I always wonder if he misses me as much as I have missed him. Maybe he does and that is why Roger and Dale came into my life when they did. I like to think so.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...