Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fossilized Fantasies (did I spell all that right?)

The other day Justine reported to me that she and a little girl in Nathan's class stayed after school to clean out Nathan's atrocious desk. That boy is going to need a good wife to help him stay organized! He does not have an organized gene in his body. That I know of. Maybe it will appear later but for now.....this is what his junk drawer looks like.











a bone...



pill bottle full of squirrel bones



Isn't it funny? It is mandatory in his life that he has a a junk drawer for all his junk....opps...I mean "treasures". Once the junk drawer gets to full he has to chuck stuff. And that is painful for him, as you can tell by how full it is!

So I am in the van with Justine and Nathan and Rhett picking them up from school and I ask him why he is so messy in his desk. He says he knows where everything is that way.

Hmm. Go figure.

The other day we had Justine and Kate's room spotless. The next day a few things already began to pile on the floor. I lectured Justine and she informed me she feels weird when things are just too clean. She likes it a little messy.

I do not comprehend. My brain does not compute! I YEARN for sterilized CLEAN!

I miss Clean. We were once on very good terms but now Clean is like a foreign country to me. A place I once visited but never really got to know.

I love Clean. Clean is my secret best friend. But Clean doesn't want to play with me any more. Clean doesn't love me back. Wah.

Anyhoo, In the car Justine hands me this folded up picture she saved from his desk. She knows me so well, knows that I would want to save it. I love that.

I think it is a SPECTACULAR picture.

Nathan wants to be a Paleontologist. He has since he was a little boy. He's so cute. Look how darling his drawings are....

Before when the dinosaurs were still alive:


After now that they are fossilized



See the little people digging up all the buried bones? The cute little box of collected bones...

And my favorite...

The little people dug up the beautiful specimen of a T-Rex head and are helping the helicopter transport it safely! I love it!

See how the rest of the T-Rex body is still in the ground?

And....just cause I want to brag a tiny bit....At the last basketball game he made 8 of the 11 points. It was so fun.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...