Sunday, February 6, 2011

Appreciation for Husband, Sunday, the 52nd

I am so my mom. Which is mostly a good thing. But not in the "freaking out while driving in snow" way.

Yesterday we drove to our bestie cousins house for Superbowl watching, eating, and laughing. I didn't watch. I worked on scrapbook stuff.

Football confuses me. I sort of think sports are stupid. I like them for kids because of the valuable lessons they learn, but once you grow up and there are all these dumb rules, like you can't throw the ball forward..... What? ......Who cares. Lets go build some wells in Uganda or do something important.

But I guess I shouldn't judge others interests. After all, I am attending an all day rabbit show on Saturday with Justine where they will judge if her rabbit's face is smooshed enough.


Anyway, we had a great time at the Superbowl party. After we went to our church meetings we left some high maintenance kids at home with goodies and sweet older siblings to babysit, and took some kids with us who we knew would play video games the whole day.... and it was very relaxing.

Having a blast playing the Connect Wii thing with Nathan. As I have mentioned before, we don't really have much in the way of video games so this was a treat. We were playing water slide.


Am I brave to post these pictures? Here I am boxing Scott. I was beating the crud out of him and them he knocked me out. And then I was punching stars and the machine broke. I am that good.


Once a year Corey throws his back out doing nothing. Apparently our cousin is a chiropractor and we didn't know it. Here she is doing her magic .


Cousin Scott making us fish tacos. He is a major good cook.

Video game and Bionicle heaven with the cousins.

So all this to say, on the way home it had snowed about 4 inched and we have to cross a pass and I freak out! I don't know why. I get so nervous. I wouldn't mind sliding into the mountain. I proved my worth on that one already. I didn't scream or make a peep. Sliding OFF the mountain is the problem. So the whole way down I was doing Lamaze breathing and so nervous.

Even. though. Corey. said. it. wasn't. slick. I just am a freak show. I am that way with rushing water and heights. And wild animals.

But Corey went slower than normal just for me and he didn't make fun of me or get annoyed at me the whole time. Even though he was mad cause Steelers played sucky. And he had to wear his Steeler pajama bottoms and matching shirt in the gas station for everyone to see. Baaa haaa!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...