Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cool home school kid!

The other day one of my kid's friend came over. She needed a "babysitter" while she took an online test. I had to make sure she didn't cheat. She is homeschooled.

She is a pretty cool kid. She is funny and smart and says it how it is.

Since I am always intrigued by homeschooling I was quizzing her. Have you ever gone to real school? Do you know what grade you are in? Hmmm....Do you get grades? Do you work on school everyday?

So she was sharing with me about how stupid some of the test questions were.

I mean...... uh duh!!! Crystal starts CRACKING up laughing. Cracking up!!! And she reads me the first question....

What is chemical energy? BAAAaaaAhhh HAaaaaaaaa Haaaaa. BAAAAAhaaaa hhaaaa haaaahAAAAAAAAAAAAA! She continues to laugh. her. head. off. at the atrocity of such a stupid question! (yep. Still not tired of putting those periods between words)

Then I start laughing my head off.

And we are laughing our heads off at each other.

Only.... she is laughing at how some idiot wouldn't know that answer....

and.....I am laughing because. I. don't. know...... What. is. chemical. energy?......

Yea. I felt like a moron.

So in case any of you don't know either, here is the definition.....

Chemical Energy-Energy of a chemical compound which, by the law of conservation of energy, must undergo a change equal and opposite to the change of heat energy in a reaction; the rearrangement of the atoms in reacting compounds to produce new compounds causes a change in chemical energy.

I still don't know what it is.

2 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Russ asked her, "Did you tell her about the time we *sent* you to *school*?" She paused and busted out laughing all over again - No, she had forgotten about that. So next time you see her, ask about it. And be prepared to laugh some more. =D

Melanie said...

LOL! Crystal does tell it how it is...but then so does the next one down...I imagine they will all be like that. Kind of reminds me of an adult version of Crystal that I know.... :). Those kids are great :)....

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...