Friday, March 18, 2011

It's a new day!

Well, I am finally committing myself to a "Calorie in, calorie out" food plan.

I have been much inspired by a friend who just lost 100 pounds this way. I say "just lost" but I really mean in a year! She looks incredible.

You basically do some crazy math scenario which tells you how many calories you can eat in a day to lose approx 2 pounds a week and then as you lose weight you reconfigure that crazy math scenario and you eat less calories. I think it is sort of the weight watchers plan also. But because of a kid needing $5,000 in braces I am going to try to do it with the support of friends instead of WW.


So I am not going to tell you how many calories I am eating in a day because I don't want you all doing the math and figuring out how much I weigh! I know you people! Trying to hurry and whip out the calculator in anticipation. Rude!

But did you know FOUR cups of spinach is only 20 calories????? I can do that!

So here is my breakfast this morning in case you care. I know some people might think gag but I think it is delish!


Scrambled egg with onions and spinach. No mushrooms. Boo.

So also because Gillian from biggest loser said so I can also have a treat every dang day!!!! Hallelujah! As long as it is under 200 calories. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

K, so here's another way to eat less. Use a smaller plate, bowl, etc. It tricks your brain into thinking that you're getting the same amount of food because your smaller plate is full of food, where as you're larger, usual plate has much less. Get it? I hope I wrote it so that it makes sense and yes it actually works and makes it much easier.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...