Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why we don't buy anything nice!

Curses! Curses! Curses!

Some little scoundrel scratched up my already totally old and scratched up piano.... MORE!

This old piano survived a fire! It doesn't have matching legs! The principal's son engraved his name in it and then later it was sanded out! It has been through enough!

I bought it at a school auction. I have deep feelings for it. Because of it, hard work is all that now stands in my way of sending a missionary son out knowing how to play church hymns. That means ever so much to me.

So I am getting ready to go to bed Sat night when I see this!




I gasp, sucking all the air out of the room! I assumed little Khronicles of Kate did it until Corey notices this.


The next day I ask Bo about it. He said Kate did it....with a knife.

I don't know....he looks pretty suspicious!


Corey and I own nothing new. We have learned our lesson more than once. I think one of our first things we did buy new was a fridge when we moved into this house. About a week year later Rhett hammered it. Little dents all over.

This is the only thing I have ever actually purchased as furniture (aside from a bunk bed).


I think I paid $60 bucks for it and, at the time, was choking over the price. But I really wanted a cute little table as my night stand. To go in front of my wonderful grandpa's screen.

I still love it.

What are you reading?

Here is what I am reading.


Trying to keep up with my New Years goal and get through the Book of Mormon, Sarah's Key which I heard was so good but I am slightly scared of it after the first few chapters,


a book a friend gave me to read called, Confessions of an Unbalance Woman. Does that fit me? Sadly so. And a book called The Help, which I am enjoying until it comes to the part where the little toddler is loved more by her nanny than her "mom". That story line kills me. I don't get through books very fast. I only read at night and then I fall asleep.


I can't stand it if there are messages on my answering machine. I have to clear them out the second I can. It feels like unfinished business if they are left on there and it bugs me.


Does anyone else have to hang their food in their closet to keep it away from the bears? We do! Seriously, any food that is for a recipe or a treat has to be tucked away or the kids eat it all.




So later to keep the kids busy I gave them a new color wonder marker set with some special paper. I go off to read my scriptures.....I mean to check out Face Book and when I come back a scarey native man greeted me.


No seriously. This scares me. He looks FREAKY.


And last but not least...In an unappreciated effort to be healthier I put spinich on the little kids sandwich as lettuce.



Think they noticed?

Bye!

Oh yeah...Kate wore a dress to church with sweatpants and snowboots. I was late getting there and the other responsible party didn't seem to notice....or more likely, care.


Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this post sooooo hilariously funny!
Except for the piano scratching part. I about die every time my piano gets scratched and dinged too. I walked in to get Carina from slamming on the keys once and she was really banging a toy against them and chipped like 6 keys. I about had a meltdown. Do the color wonder markers really show up on skin???? Lets hope my girls don't figure that one out.
favorite pic: food hanging in your closet ... HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing my head off! Love you very much!

Jennifer said...

I am so with you about hiding food. When my 12yo daughter asked me one day where the marshmallows were she didn't even bat an eye when I said "my closet." Never thought of it as an anti-bear cache, though. Love it!

So sorry about the piano. I have had luck rubbing pecans into wood scratches. They impart a bit of color with their oils. Or, the next choice might be those wonder markers ...

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...