Friday, August 20, 2010

Corey just doesn't get me! He thinks I am just weird!

And I am not sure why!

Here is me. In my hair net. For our annual back to school party. Where I pretend to be the lunch lady and serve cafeteria food to the kids on lunch trays and we play a hot game of back to school bingo with prizes!




We invited some of Corey's high school friends over that are now my friends. It was great fun. But Corey was ever so embarrassed at me and my hair net. And at one point Corey's friend Darrin asked if I really worked in the cafeteria at the school.... And he was serious.

I think LOL is so cheesy to type but LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFL!!!!!! ABCD!!!!!
It was too hysterical!






Happy Back to school to me!










Here is a picture of poor Rhett crying after a bratty teenager punched him on his first day of school because he didn't smile and we had to take another picture.



The first day was BLISS. Bo literally played with the play mobile toys for probably 7 hours that day. I had never seen anything like it. It was like everyone was finally out of his space and he could have some peace! Even Kate was much more mellow!





Here's to a great year of People's court!

6 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

OMGosh - I LOVE typing LOL!! and ROTFL!!! They're my FAVORITE acronyms!!! Not including smiles, of course!!! ;) =D

Husbands always think their wives are weird... they're wired that way. :D

Shan said...

Ur the coolest mom ever!!! How fun!!

Megan said...

You're such a fun mom. I was just so happy that my kids were going back to school, I couldn't think of anything else other than the pure bliss that I was about to have for the next 9 months! Eli's even starting kindergarten this year! 2 1/2 hours a day with just my napping baby and myself! So Happy Back to School to You!!!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

You are the BOMB MOM! Loved the hairnet! I think I recognize some of those kids... :)

Susan said...

Mary said...I think you are creative and fun,lunchlady hairnet kinda freaks me out- but it is funny!!! Enjoy the quieter home...
Kim said...Absolutely HYSTERICAL!!!! This made my day. Susan, I so get you, and I love your humor!
Michelle Vivino said... You are stinking hilarious!! Oh my gosh I love that! I need to do that for homeschool~ or maybe you could be our Guest Lunchlady one day? LOL I'd hate for my kids to be deprived of the Lunchlady experience :o) You're such a fun mom!
Corey said...I just think your weird when the party has been over for 5 days and your still wearing the hair net.
Susan said...Uhhh Heck ya Michelle! Anything to wear the hairnet. Plus how sad never to have school lunch! We'll have to plan it one day! (When glenny is on and the air condition is set on high!
Mary said...it's a "look" Corey.....
Tiffany Parkin said... LOVE IT!!!!! My husband asks or more like pleas with me to be "normal". Why be normal, it is not as fun :)
Nancy said...You are a fun mom and the kids will always remember these times! Sorry Rhett had a bad 1st day! Love them all!
Kirsten said...I have that same hair net, and I wore it out with Dave. He put one on too. What's the deal with a hair net? JK ABCD

Susan said...

Kim said... Susan, I was telling my friend about your back to school party and she just loved your idea -- so clever and fun! Then I told her that on your blog you mentioned Corey thought you were weird and his reply about you wearing still wearing the hair net days later was what he thought was weird ... we both laughed SO hard! You two ... you crack me up! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You really need to write a book!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...