Thursday, August 26, 2010

I hate the "burn"

I always get a little confused whenever the kids go back to school. Even though I still have two busy little people at home I do have a little more down time. Down time nags at me with guilt! I just can't relax. I always feel super guilty when Corey is working all day if I am at home scrapbooking or blogging.... I think I better be working all day also to make it fair. I never know where to draw the line in my mind about if it is okay to work on my "own fun" things. Also I feel guilty doing my "own fun" things if I haven't read my scriptures or exercised or cleaned the whole house or worked in the yard (who am I kidding on that one).... Anyway, so whenever I do work on my "own fun" things I feel guilty the WHOLE time. So I don't know how to find a balance in my mind.

So today to accomplish some of my back to school goals I decided to start doing some exercising. We all know from my glorious hike pictures that I am in need of a little getting into shape. So I always am trying to find something I will stick to and something that is right. I always never know if what I am doing is going to work. About a year ago I bought this little DVD.



I like it because it says 10 Minutes! I can do that, right?! So since school is in I can breathe a little bit more I am committing to doing two of the 10 minute segments every day. I just got done with doing my "sexy sculpted lower body" and "upper body tone and chisel", My arms actually hurt and I can barely type.

I was ever so disappointed when she said it was time to do the chair squats and there was no chair involved. Big disappointment. Also how come I am super out of shape...and yes I was "feeling the burn" but this lady is in super good shape but she is acting like this is hard for her? Shouldn't she be super toned by now and this would be like no big deal to her?

Also I don't like putting the tube under my feet and the holding it my hand. EWWW.

Letting it go....Letting it go.....

Anyway, I did learn that "tube tension training is fabulous"


so I hope that really is the case. I'll post some pictures of my "guns" in a few years.

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

Sounds great Susan. You are invited to join Kristy and I at 5:00am three days a week as we walk around the neighborhood. You are always invited.

Susan said...

Mary said...at least you are trying, anything is better than nothing-I go thru gun-ho periods, any little thing can throw me off-good luck :)

Nancy said...Good for you! Can't wait to see your sexy, sculpted new body! Lose all that guilt! You deserve some time for yourself!

Kim said...Go, Susan, goooo! ;)

Stephanie J. said...I love your blog Susan- you're a talented writer.

Susan said...Thanks Stephanie! Thanks for the support guys....

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...