Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Saltine Crackers never tasted so good!

You know it's true.


Saltine crackers are gross. But when you have been having the flu they are delectable.


Our family has been each taking their turn the flu. I hate that! Birthdays were ruined, barbecues were ruined, family dinners were ruined, amazing races were ruined...(darn you sauerkraut!)


So now I'm vegging (is it sad that word is in spell check? Do you think our ancestors did much vegging?) because I can't get motivated to work because I don't feel good and I have been back reading like 4 years of my new favorite "blob". http://www.reagansblob.com/. Check it out. Life's challenges sure are crazy sometimes. I love this girl. Both of them!


I have been thinking about fabric and how much I LOVE fabric. But I really am not much of a sewer so I thought maybe I should start making dresses for our church's humanitarian center. They were easy. And then I could buy cool fabric and not even feel the guilt! Maybe. I start thinking about sewing because Kate is going to almost move out of sleeping in our closet and then I will put my sewing table up again and it will be awesome. Corey and I have had a baby in our closet the majority of the time we have lived in this house. It has worked out great but now it is time for everyone to come out of my closet!


I love ORGANIZATION. Seriously. It gives me a mini "high". If I have organized something I think about it as I am going to sleep at night and I am happy. I go back to look at it over and over again. I love organization.

I have no before pictures which was stupid of me but here are some after pictures of the shelves I hung up in the top of my closet to help me have more things,... I mean room.





Yes, those are cassette tapes up there in my closet. I have some really great inspirational talks I don't want to get rid of! Also I found these gems!

They cracked Corey and I up! We thought we were so cool with them! They are honkin' huge! Oh.. the 80's. Good times.

Okay, my dad helped me put my shelves up. That's a dad's job right? I keep trying to convince him of that. But I did a lot of the work! I love and hate that kinda stuff.




And then today while being sick vegging on the computer I saw the most awesome solution to our doorless closets and our "need more storage in our rooms that have multiple children in them" problem. Here is what it looks like.





Sweet eh? This is another totally great blog.

http://www.knock-offwood.com/ (I love my friend who taught me to make links! I am so cool now)

So those are the ramblings of a sick persons day!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Kim said...Get well soon.

Ronda said...Love the bifold doors, great idea. (I too love it when everything is organized. It usually eats away at me till I concur the mess)

Nancy said...Love the shelves! You and dad did a great job! Hope Bo won't be sick for our date tomorrow! You get feeling better!

Mary said...I hope Kent isn't stepping on Kate in that pic,ha! I LOVE organizing too,it's the best....p.s saltines taste like cardboard,but good when you sick,hope you are all thriving!

Roxanne said...Feel better soon!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...