Saturday, November 27, 2010

Appreciation for Husband, Sunday, the 42rd

Do you ever wonder when I don't post an appreciation post if it is because I am mad at Corey? That did happen once. But last week I just didn't want to turn on the computer. And really, I have done 42! I am having to think outside of the standard appreciations because I have covered so many already.

Anyways,

Corey's mom might be the best cook around. She can cook something great out of nothing. She use to have to feed the hired men (They ran a sheep ranch) several meals a day. So they always had great meals with lots of variety. His mom won a cook off and one of the judges was Julia Childs, for heavens sake!

It has actually been a bit of dilemma in our marriage because Corey is fussy and I am not. And I don't need a lot of variety during one meal...and he does. I don't care about fixing/or eating big fancy breakfast... and he does. I don't care about baking from scratch...he does. I can't just whip something up, I have to plan it all out. I don't cook with love...he does. (Actually, I made that seven layer dip the other night with love and it was dang good. So good....we are having it again tonight.)

His mom just made it too good for him in the food department and he can rarely be satisfied since.

So look how good he looks making homemade biscuits for biscuits and gravy for breakfast. He knows just what to do.








I appreciate when Corey cooks the meal. Even though it is not often enough. (Corey will dispute me on that one) The kids really like his food. Especially his rice pilaf. They LOVE that one. And they love his food because he cooks with.... you guessed it...LOVE. I love his food because I didn't have to cook it. (Except for when he fed me rice with soy sauce when I was on bed rest with high blood pressure. Soy sauce? Really? I don't even like that on a good day.) I also love his food because he seasons stuff. I make stuff way to bland. Sometimes he gets out of control with the seasoning but mostly it is perfect. Lemon Pepper is seriously his best friend.

Thanks, Corey!

Also, In case you care, Greyson, Rhett's little gray hamster I have posted about in the past,...passed. Rhett cried. This summer we are going to try out lizards! They want a bearded dragon. Yes they do! My kids rock!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Christina Gutke said...A lizard! Oh yes! I raised those! I had two different kinds! An anole and a green skink! I love them! grin emoticon Sorry for your loss Rhett!

Susan Chamberlain Nielsen said...You are so cute. I adore skinks!

Mary McDowell said...awe I'm sorry Rhett, I'm sure you were very good to him:(
November 29, 2010 at 3:55pm · Like

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...