Monday, November 29, 2010

Khronicles of Kate

This week in church Kate made me look really great by saying out loud, "I like you. mom!" Melt my heart. (I forgive you for every ounce of mascara you have ever touched!) She actually has been saying that a lot lately. If she is in trouble or sad and wants to be held she will tell me, "I like you!"

Tonight, I was giving her good night hugs and kisses and trying to teach her to give a real kiss and not just let me be the one kissing and as I was hugging and kissing her she told me "you like me." Sweet.

I maybe should not dare to mention it yet but the messes (out of make up, etc...) are getting a little further apart. She can still make short work of a room, but the getting into things she shouldn't are maybe dying down a bit. WHEW!

Last night I was rocking in the chair with her. I realized she was falling asleep so I cradled her and I could see her fighting to stay awake but her eyes were super heavy. She told me "my eyes!" like hey... something is wrong here! I can't keep them open. Nathan told me that once when he was about the same age. He told me his eyes were broken because he just couldn't keep them open any more.

Sometimes it breaks my heart that I have had so many kids with speech delays. There is just a small time when they say super funny things and then they talk well enough and are quite as hilarious. Oh well.

Enjoy this fabulous (older) picture of Kate and her beloved Josie. She loves this dog. She tells me all the time...."She's sad." "She's cute." "I love her."

1 comment:

Susan said...

Kim Heinke Aww said...... that is so sweet. I love it. And, I love the photo! Adorable!

Myrna Guthrie said...I heard that comment and thought she was so sweet

Michelle Vivino said... heard her say that to you last week when we were sitting behind you~ my heart just melted! You are a loved woman :o) And Kate is such a cutiebug! My Zachary is in a seemingly constant state of kissing up to me ha ha He says "I just love you, Peaches." I have no idea where the "Peaches" came from, but I'll take it! I asked him once and he said "I like to call you Peaches because I just love you." Ahhh...isn't it the BEST? What can compare to the love of these little angels? (mascara, markers and all?) heart emoticon

Mary McDowell said...love the photo-she's a real blessing..

Susan Chamberlain Nielsen said...Sorry we sat behind you in church Mryna. I always feel a little bad for the people we sit by. Kate talks non stop. I am excited for you two to be her new teacher!

Nancy Chamberlainsaid... I loved it yesterday when she told me she loved me and as I went to hug her I poked her in the eye!

Susan Chamberlain Nielsen said...ha ha. Sad and funny.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...