Friday, November 26, 2010

12 inches of snow? Hadn't noticed!

Wow. That might be the longest I have gone not blogging since I became a blogger.

Actually, sometimes I just get tired of myself and I didn't want to hear from myself at all this week.

It was a mostly great week. Because of some snow days that even kept my husband home and because of one of the best holidays ever, we felt like we were just shut away from the world for a while. Appointments were cancelled, sports were cancelled, work was cancelled, temptation to run to town was cancelled, and we hung out at home. By the way, including the wind chill, it was -17 here!

I love hanging out at home. That is what we did in my family growing up.

So our family worked on piano recital pieces and "Faith in God" goals, and edited writings by my 16 year old, and built Lego master pieces, and waited for baby bunnies to be born, and read, (Did you all know there was a genocide in Rwanda in 1994! How did that happen?...Again? Where was I? Was I so in bliss with my first little baby that I didn't know what was going on in the world? It shames me. I am reading a book about a women who survived it and found God and forgave. Life altering! My favorite kinds of books.), and ate home made soup and a seven layer dip and just had a staycacation.



We know how to enjoy a snow day! Here is proof.....



Josie had OCD with that tennis ball! I like when you give her a ball because she is like a young gal again.




See? Told ya!

And today for the first time EVER I participated in Black Friday.

Ever since a man was trampled to death, and people were having physical altercations over consumer goods, I have been morally opposed to Black Friday.

But today I had some good coupons to my newest life's luxury. Bath and Body Works lotion. It is seriously so lovely. And I just feel so good when I wear it. And people notice I smell good sometimes. Like the man I paid my cable bill too.

So I was able to get 6 bottles for 20 bucks and it was so fun to smell all the smells and get to actually choose 6 bottles. And I didn't get up early. I just casually strolled in at 10:00am and they had plenty. And that store had their customer service down! As I was standing in line a helper wanted to check my bag to make sure I got all my deals and she was able to spot an error for me before I waited in line too long and they knew what they were doing! Good job BABW!

Hope you all had a great Thanks giving day!

Uhh....that is the cutest dang turkey head I ever saw!

Love my mom for doing all the cooking and relieving my burden. Love my dad for playing games with us and making us laugh and teaching Rhett and I how to prepare a rabbit for dinner the next day. Which we grilled and ate. All of us who knew it was a rabbit were a little mentally challenged in eating it. But Bo who didn't care at all ate two drum sticks and was happy. Do you think they are called drumsticks when they are on rabbits? ....oh, and I don't want to hear any comments about eating rabbits unless you are a vegetarian. *wink*



4 comments:

Aine said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time - and I don't do Black Friday either. I thought about heading into town later... but it's just not the same without Russ. I guess I'm more of a pack animal. It's no fun to shop alone. ;)

Unknown said...

the rabbit grill grosses me out a bit...I'll confess...and I am NOT a vegetarian by any sense of the word!

Terri Porter said...

Rabbit is the best meat I have ever had. My mom used to fry it all the time when I was a kid.

Susan said...

Tiffany Parkin said...Great now I want a hot tub:) It looks like so much fun!!!

Ronda Butcher said... Love the hot tub scene...not so much the bbbrrrr....cold snow tho. lol
What did you think of the rabbit??

C. Kent Chamberlain said...See Susan's blog and the great picture of barbequing rabbit. Their legs might remind youo of drumsticks, but rabbits don't have drumsticks. I don't get it when people fuss about certain foods without ever eaten them. Susan ate rabbit once by accident after we settled in Columbine suburb-Denver. I grew them just for food. Susan was in the habit of saying "give me some of that" without using a name. Nancy and I looked at each other as she ate the rabbit. When I expressed surprise that she was finally eating rabbit, she expressed a different look of surprise. Me, I was raised on domestic rabbit having to feed and process them when I was less than 12. Now I get non-show rabbits from people who raise nothing but the best. I think this was one of the large hares crossed with satin. No matter it most excellent.

Linda Hansen Holt said... I loved the turkey hat! But the cute little turkey beneath that hat is really worth commenting on: When did he get so big? He looks so much older than the last time I really paid attention I guess! Sad. Cute, but sad. Why, why, why must they grow up?!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...