Saturday, November 27, 2010

Even more with the kitchen

I told Corey that the second we get a new oven I want this crazy island oven thing out of here! I have had it! I don't care if there is a spot with no flooring for however long it takes to get flooring in. The island is driving me crazy. We can't function in the kitchen with that thing blocking our way all the time!

Okay, So last time I told you I was moving the oven where the refrigerator is so that means I need to find a new place for my refrigerator. I would love to get a bigger, not so deep, one. Maybe just longer. If they make them like that. And I really want crushed ice (preferably the kind like at Sonics, please) and water.

I am going to put the refrigerator right here. Right in front of that window. We will just make a wall there.


I know. I will be losing my window and that REALLY makes me sad. But I am doing the best I can. Also I decided we would get a glass back door and that would help. And with new overhead lighting that will keep things bright.



Have you ever heard of a house with 5 ceiling fans? What the Chicken? That is what our has.

Also, even though I have been told it isn't worth the pain, I know we can make this window bigger...


What do you think? Sounds good huh? So far none of these things will be too costly. Minus the new oven. But I have to do that part regardless. I heard you can sometimes find good doors on Craig's list, so keep your eyes out for me.... (Emily)

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

Wait Wait Wait!...a minute. I have the solution....knock out the back wall completely and extend the kitchen south about 10-12 feet withs new windows all along the south wall (like a sunroom) and french doors and lay your own hardwood floor, a new island with a bar seating for 8, and you'd still have room for a formal diningroom in the northeast corner. Hmmm.....but where to put the fridge....

Susan said...

Tiffany Parkin said... Have you ever been to Habitat for Humanity Restores? They have both new and used items that have been donated. I know that when they build the houses and construction companies donate items, a lot end up at the restore. You can find all types of building materials including doors and everything is way cheap. Check online to see the closest one to you.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...