Thursday, November 18, 2010

Isn't it funny that no matter how old you are your mom is still expected to pay for lunch?

Today I really needed to get some grocery shopping done. I just can't take Kate with me. When I do she talks and FUSSES the whole time.


her: "who's that?"

me: "a shopper"

her: "who's that?"

me: "a shopper"

her: "who's that?"

me: "a clerk"

her: "I want out!"

her: "I want out"

her: "hug me"

I hug her of course.

her: "hug me"

her: "hug me"

her: "hold me"

her: "hold me"

and on and on....and on.

She is just demanding and it is very difficult to shop with her. So I was grateful my mom came to my house and babysat. Which Kate was thrilled with because, I swear, no less than 10 times a day Kate will say...

"grandma come get me?"

and now she knows the answer and will tell me

"tomorrow."

She is starting to get desperate because now ever since grandpa drove her home one day, when she asks if grandma will come get her, and I say tomorrow, she now says,

"grandpa come get me?" It is truly a little pathetic.

It was a happy day. Because Grandma coming ususally includes Happy Meals.


Also, I was grateful my mother validated me that as adorable as Kate is, she is exhausting.

So my mom came and babysat and then after my shopping I met my mom at Arctic Circle and they were already there eating lunch and playing.

The second I walked in my mom starts giving me money for lunch.
Even. though. I. had. my. wallet. (I love doing that period thing for extra emphasis.)

I didn't really feel too weird because I had just spent over 250.00 on groceries and I was super stressed and this is my mom. Isn't that what moms do?

But then I saw a man behind her watching us and I was embarrassed because it must look odd. Me, a late 30 year old women still getting money from her mommy for her lunch.

Even. though. I. had. my. wallet... Oh well. (thanks, mom)

But we had a good time.

We discussed her receiving all sorts of traumatizing treatment for her agoraphobia that she had when I was a kid. Including one doctor saying she might need to be institutionalized if the tranquilizer don't work. Hmmm. Ummm....let's see. Tell a women who has a phobia of leaving her house that she is going to have to leave her house to be institutionalized... That seems helpful.

And then we laughed about her being hypnotized as a treatment and then being told she was safe to drive home.

While. she. was. hypnotized.

And when she got home she was still hypnotized and she didn't know how to get out of the car.

Even. though. she. was. advised. she. was. safe. to. drive. home.

But. she. couldn't . figure. out .how. to get. out. of. the. car. Does. that. seem. wrong. to. you.?(okay, ha ha. I am amusing myself.)

So for some reason she sat there and laughed her head off because she couldn't get out of the car and then my dad finally came and got her out of the car and she told him she was hypnotized.

Is that not weirdly hysterical???

Anyway, love ya mom! Thanks for the taco salad.



And just so you know as I was typing this post Kate, whose not potty trained, likes to sit in the chair between my back and the chair and she peed on me. Just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

Terri Porter said...

You are hysterical!!! You must have come home from GNO and wrote this.....Enjoy your Mom while you have her.

kirstensblog said...

Muahahahaha! Love. your. stories. They. are. a highlight. of. my. day. LOVE! YOU!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...