Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dreams really do come true.

It all began when I was a young tween and my beloved church teacher named Journey had the cutest hugest instylest ever RED Sally Jessy Rafael glasses! WITH...... (hold your breath with anticipation)........ a TURTLE ENGRAVED IN THE GLASS LENS! A TURTLE! ATurtle people!

I made my mom take me to the eye doctor for my own gigantic red Sally Jessy Rafael glasses. I was sadly disappointed to learn that I, in fact, did not need glasses. Gone, in a flash, were dreams of my very own engraved turtle.

So lately I have had a few evening s of dry eyes and blurry vision. Of course I go straight to the assumption that I am going blind. Will I be able to learn Braille? Eh... I think I will just listen to books on tape.

Yesterday I went to the eye doctor (whom of course I have a mini crush on) and what the chicken I can still make out the bottom line! What is going on! When do I ever get my own pair of chunky stylin' glasses?

Then I hear the doctor say that lots of times when people have above average eyesight they really notice when their eyes get a little worse. So that is the case with me. They are just a little bit worse but.........I get to get glasses!!!!!! Wahooo!!!!!!! Wahoooo!!!!!!

And..... I can wear them....... or not! Does it get any better than that? They will just sharpen my vision a little. So when I want to look cool or feel smart, I can wear them. When I don't want to, I don't! I am ecstatic. Truly.

I spent a good hour of glee trying on a LOT of pairs of glasses. And then I would hold my hand over my mouth and stifle my giddiness and laughter over my "look". I REFUSED to get any of the non chunky plastic kinds. Even at the advice of the eye helper. Why would I want to hide them? I have been waiting for them for a very long time! And they just so happen to be in style now.

So I have picked the most delightful pair of chunky glasses ever. I didn't go as big as I wanted because I started to look like I had goggles on. But I got a great pair. I also got something with color in them. So the eye helper is ordering two pairs for me to check out. Black on lime green and brown on blue and then I get to choose. I will post a picture of me when they come in.

No turtle though. Boo. That must be way out of style as it wasn't even an option.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed my head off reading this! Haha

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Hey! I used to be an optician, and was good at it, if I do say so myself! If you need an "expert" opinion, let me know! Who did you go to? I need to find someone here.

Unknown said...

:)

Janetlee said...

I use to have a family of Sea Turtle stickers stuck to the back of our conversion van, 2 vehicles ago, that I got on a trip to Hawaii. I can't wait to see your new glasses!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...