Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Mountain Man! (Warning-my spell check quit working)

Corey hiked 7 miles up hill with snowshoes for his birthday present to himself. He had friends who wanted to go with him and he said...."no thanks". He just likes to be alone in the mountains.


Mountain goats! My favorite!





He was charged by a moose. Three times. Bad enough that he yelled and tried to run away in snowshoes. (Yes, I have life insurance.)




Bo made him a birthday cake. It was out of big puzzle pieces with big marshmallows and toothpicks as candles. It was a fine masterpeice which I never got a picture of. Wah. He even cleared space for it in the fridge... and wrapped it.











I bought him his favorite kind of apple tree...Honey Crisp. I feel so stupid for not having fruit baring plants at our home sooner. It just seems wise.






Of course Rhett wants to help. He is our hardest worker.



I also made Corey his cake. I don't know why or when I suddenly started having to make a 42 year old man a cake of his choosing.... but I do. (I secretly like it. I admit it.)




I am proud of this one because I did it all from my own mind. My confidence has waned a bit because my last few cakes have stank. But this one turned out just like I invisioned it. When Corey told me he wanted a bear a few days later he clarified... "Not a teddy bear". He needn't worry. I had his back.













Turned out okay, don't you think?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

A-MA-ZING!!!
I just showed Mike and now he wants a bear cake ... I don't even think he likes bears at. all.
But there's no wayyy I can make him that. Thank goodness his next birthday is an entire year away since his birthday was last week. Phew!

SueAnn said...

That is a masterpiece! Way to go Susan!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...