Monday, April 11, 2011

If we didn't live like trash we couldn't play McDonalds Drive through!!! I wouldn't trade that for screens, would you?

We may have chatted about this before but Corey and I bought a used house on purpose. I knew buying a new house would be dangerous to Corey's health. And mine. And our children's. He would be so stressed out about the damage kids can do to a house that I just felt best buying something that was already worn in. It was the right choice. I remind Corey that this is just our tester house and someday we hope to have a new house that is fresh and clean everywhere you look. Although if that doesn't happen I will totally understand it is just a first world dilemma and not something that will effect my happiness.

So when we bought this house we ACTUALLY made fun of the people who lived here before. They had lived here 10 years and NEVER finished the basement!!! There is sheet rock hanging and everything but they never finished the basement! What losers!

Corey and I have lived here 9.3 years and duh nu nu nuhhhhh, we have never finished the basement. We are always so embarrassed that we made fun of the former owners because here we are now....them!

Our worn in house also came with windows we were totally going to replace within a few years of living here. They are those steal windows and they are old and several are screenless and some of them are permanently streaked on the inside. Oh yeah, we haven't replaced any of them....yet.


But as I often am, I am thankful for this old house. Because where else could we play McDonald's drive through with a real life drive through window???? It is a new favorite game around here!..


Bo placing his order


Mom and Kate placing their order


Justine the McDonald's worker


Bo typing in Kassidy's order


Kassidy placing her order


Bo getting the food


Kate typing in an order


Justine ordering her favorite fries and a cheeseburger with no mustard


Picking up her order


Bo and Kate paying for their food


Welcome to McDonalds, how can I help you?


Bo ordering our Tueday sausage McMuffin


Justine punching in the order!


FUN, HUH?



Now go and "Have it your way!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun yes and low calory.
(window frames are aluminum otherwise they would rusted away)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...