Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mayhem on the Ark

I really LOVE General Conference weekend. It is a weekend where you can shut down from the world and not feel guilt. It is when "Mormons" get to watch TEN hours of church on T.V. and WE LIKE IT!!!! In fact, WE LOVE IT! Crazy, I know!!

In between watching conference I always seem to be cleaning out the garage and getting out the kids, packed away, hand me downs that they have grown into. I like to clean the garage, you know, because it involves organization. Corey had hoped I was donating the following gem but....... No way! Is he kidding?

My little kiddies love my Noah's Ark! My mom cut out all the pieces and I paid a lady 20 bucks to paint them. Cute huh?!


The other day I was at my friends house and she has a Ark with EVERY kind of little boy and girl animals possible just sitting around ALL. OVER. the ark. Apparently she has been collecting them all for a very long time. When she goes to the zoo, or other stores that might sell cool rubber animals she adds to her collection. I want to do that! I want an ark with a bazillion little animals sitting all over it. It sounds so fun. And cute. My friend has even been banned by her husband for animal shopping and her sister saw her once shopping for them and she was caught!


So after the kids and I set up the Ark I brought in a new gem. One of my most favoritest peoples in the while world gave me something she no longer wanted.... And I added a few things I had around the house and Ta Da!



I love it! I put a little bird on it to copy my friend who gave it to me because she loves birds. It reminds me that Heavenly Father is aware of every sparrow that falls. I like to decorate with things that have meaning to me. Things I love. I think that is why sometimes I don't decorate. Because I only want to have things I really love around me.


The other little sign says "God, Grace, Gratitude". Love it also.


Decorating a little gave me some motivation to get some other decorating done in my living room. (Yeah, I know those are plastic flowers and plastic flowers are just so old news but I like them...sorry Kelly)


I bought all the ingredients to make a cool sign for a cool shelf I want to do. I'll tell you all about it later.


What, you say? I never finished the oven for Kate? or started repainting my kitchen cupboards? or made a loft bed for my son? Or painted the wood letters for Kate's room? Or changed all the electrical outlets? I know. I don't get all my stuff done. And I always tell you about it and then have to walk the blog of shame for not getting it done. But really, this sign has potential to be great! I'll show you later. After I get the home made laundry soap figured out.

Bo did a little decorating himself. He took all his sight words down and created this master piece... Talent I tell you!

Hey, by the way, what is General Conference you ask?

It is this....!

"General conference is a semiannual gathering of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. During general conference weekend, Church members and others who are interested gather worldwide in a series of two-hour sessions to receive inspiration and instruction from Church leaders."


Trust me, it is glorious. Check it out.


P.S.! When I came home a little later this is what I found! Somebody (Nathan) had a little fun with the Noah's Ark animals...


It can be a cruel world I tell ya. Even on the Ark!


2 comments:

kirstensblog said...

You are so inspiring!

Unknown said...

ummm... if Corey ever convinces you to take them to DI DONT DO IT!! I want them first :) Very Very awesome. And I love your decoration with the bird and fake flowers and everything. I want that too ... Maybe they needed a talk or two on coveting other people's stuff at conference ...
You are awesome! (BTW thanks for the clothes we took 85% of it and my sister-in-law took about another 10%)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...