Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I had a SMASHING birthday!

I felt oh so spoiled this year for my birthday. Most years I get sent to a hotel by Corey. Which I adore 1,00000000 million trillion quadrillion times.

But this year I didn't. Never asked why really. It was fun to mix it up a bit. Corey asked what I wanted to do and of course I want to go out to eat Mexican for my favorite cream cheese shrimp and crab burritos.

Heavenly!

And then I wanted to buy a book, buy a purse, spend my Deseret Book gift card (I could spend a 1,00000000 million trillion quadrillion dollars there) and go to two movies in ONE night!

And guess what?!!!!! We did! ALL of THAT! (Actually the dinner we did the night before because the restaurant was in another town) But the rest of it.....We did it. All of it. And I loved it.

My new purse...

My new book....


My cream cheese and crab and shrimp burritos...




My purchases with my gift card...










My two movies in one night. No....I wasn't sick of movies. I could have been happy to go to a third. It was just disappointing that we o.d.ed on popcorn during the first movie. Boo.


We saw Thor



which was adorable and funny,



and we saw Hannah...



which was violent, a little disturbing, filmed crazy and interesting.



I got some other great gifts


Beautiful flowers and new cool vase from my in laws.....











and....chocolate, cookbook, bath fizzy, cup cake tower (yay).



I went to Fred Meyers and did my annual shopping for flowers....WHICH I LOVE!





Often in the past Corey and I haven't been big gift givers. That is why I was buying my own gifts. I guess Corey was sweating it out because this time he did by me a gift.



A KINDLE! WAHOO! He was so patient and quiet the whole time I was buying my own presents knowing he had already bought me one. And he never mentioned it!


The first book I downloaded was The Scarlett Letter. I have always wanted to read that and....it was free. (I spent enough on myself for now!) He also got me the protective case. Which, knowing me, I will need.





We had Baskin Robbins ice cream cake (I chose cool deco) with my kiddies and parents and in laws.





We all gotta get our "Dale" fix.



I love that the little kids kept trying to blow out the candles. So cute.



My birthday lasted three days! It was cool. And we ended the night with homemade wingers (which I made myself. By then Corey was tired of my birthday.) and my favorite show Celebrity Apprentice. Love Donald.



Oh yeah...Bo did a dance for my birthday...








My dad doing a little "thriller" Bahaaahaaa!










Uhhhhh......best present eva!!!!!


Oh yeah! Also my sweet friend, whom also collects salt and pepper shakers, gave me these.





I bust a gut at the following thought...

Kid..."Please pass the salt"

Me...."Okay....(wind wind wind) here you are"

Penguin rolls its little self clear across the dinner table from me to kid. We all sit and wait and stare at rolling penguin. Funny, huh?



Great Birthday! Great life!


<>

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! Happy birthday! (What's the exact date?) This looks like a fabulous celebration -- very fitting for a person so full of sunshine.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...