Thursday, May 19, 2011

PIG's out, BUNNY's in!

My little girl is growing up. Sad and glad. Normally by this time I'd have a baby on the way or a baby in my arms. Very weird. I know I talk about this all the time, but it is so strange and heart wrenching to be leaving this most beloved phase of my life.

When I spoke of getting older in one of my other blogs, my friend wrote a comment that I really liked. She was talking about an incident that made her realize she was getting older and life was changing also.



She said, "It was my wake up call that I was at the end of the Spring season of my life. But now we're in SUMMER! And Summer is AWESOME! Picnics, beaches... it's playtime baby! :)"

I loved that! (My friend, Aine, is a great writer. You can find her here. She was the one who taught me how to make links, ya know.)

And as much as I mourn for my youthful baby raising self it has been an enormous amount of work. An enormous amount of stress and enormous amount of time. And I deserve some Summer, don't you think? I am excited about Summer! Summer sounds like some fun!

(But I just can't let it go, can I!!! I can't say I am excited about summer without say how beloved spring was! An enormous amount of pure heart squashing joy!)

Oh well....

My growing girl has.......... abandoned PIG. Discarded. Left behind.



Makes me sort of sad.

He has been replaced. The new lovey is now "Bunny".






She was sick for about three days with a fever. It was a grumparamafrest!!!!




Kate loves this little bunny. She snuggles her so tight and I just think it is the most precious thing.


One day when Kate was upset she ran into her room and grabbed "Bunny" and just held him cheek to cheek. And she rocked back and forth with him. Big ole tears rolling down her cheeks.


Broke my heart. But cute. But broke my heart because I think I was the one who made her cry.

When she cries it is the cutest saddest most saddest cutest thing ever! BIG tears just drip from her eyes.

Anyways, Fare thee well PIG. You will find your place in the world with "Bun Buns" now in my junk drawer waiting to be moved into Kate's tub of special things that are in the garage.



You were well loved, PIG. Thanks for your service!

HEY! Speaking of bunnies.....Want some???????? We have some adorable litters!




Netherland Dwarfs-exciting litter! (I'll explain below)


Strange litter! We got some quirky colors. The rabbit on the bottom left is an adopted sibling. His bratty pants mom was eating his real siblings when Justine found them and rescued this last living little guy. And he seems to be doing okay with his new mama. The other babies complain that he is our favorite but we can't help it. His father was $150.00 and we have been breaking our backs trying to get living babies. He is a Holland Lop and they can be challenging to breed. The rest of the babies are Mini Rex.


More Mini Rex. Fun litter




More more Mini Rex. Boring litter but these "blue" rabbits are beautiful.


Back to the Netherland Dwarfs....They are exciting because they are not solid colors, they are white on the bottom. That is called Martin. Martins are way cool!




So this is a Black Martin




And this is a Chocolate (which is already an exciting color) Martin.





This is daddy, "Logan". He is sitting in his bucket. Netherland Dwarfs are very shy rabbits and I had this idea and we hung a bucket in his cage and ALL he ever does is hide in there and peek out super cute just like this!

Did you know there are scholarships out there for kids raising rabbits? That is what Justine is going for!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha - I think that's awesome you're keeping pig for her. My mother didn't keep my rabbit for me and I wish she had - it wasn't until MUCH later that I kinda wished he were still around of course. ;) The pictures of her sick with the bunny remind me of the Velveteen Rabbit. =)

Your baby rabbits are SOOO cute! But no thanks - I raised those as a youth and have NO desire to go back into that - my kids are so deprived, huh? A few goldfish and a dog... that's about all this mom is good for! :D

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...