Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Discouraging day yesterday...


Bo had a bad time at the dentist. No cavities (let's hear it for brushing! Who knew?). He wouldn't open his mouth and he cried and cried his little scared heart out. I had to bribe him with Pokemon cards and the dentist had to force his mouth open anyway. Weary.

We went to our second Jujitsu class.


He spent a 1/4th of his time resting his hand on the bald Masters head,


a 1/4th of his time falling on the ground after every move,


a fourth of his time TALKING (little chatter box),


and the other fourth learning.


So the learning part was good. The instructer is EXCELLENT. Patient and gentle and kind. And Patient and gentle and kind. And Patient. And patient. And soft spoken. And he seems to understand we are training a little boy riddled with ADD and not just teaching a jujitsu class. I really love him already.


Watching Bo....it is so obvious that he just cannot hold still or stay on task. It breaks my heart. Makes me want to cry. I may not be able to stay and watch anymore. Except he gives me like 10 thumbs up during the whole practice and that turns me to mush. But still...weary.

I don't like walking around feeling like I have to defend myself when it is a little embarrassing when he is wildish. Or rubbing bald heads. I don't like feeling like I have to defend myself that I am a good mother and do believe in discipline and that he just struggles and it isn't my fault or his fault. I hate feeling like that. Weary.


I don't like people looking at him and thinking he is misbehaving without knowing his struggles. Weary.

We shouldn't judge people. They might be driving with a fishbowl in their car.


The Jujitsu instructor taught Bo two rules. He is to do what he says fast and he is to do it his best, so he can learn. He never even once removed Bo's hand from his head. It cracked me up. He would just always tell him that was not respectful. I mean he is really amazing with him. Really amazing. Serious.

Oh well. On a funny note....


The Master was having him do the crab walk. Bo was struggling with coordination and strength. He told us "I can't do it! My butt is heavy!" We all laughed.


And being a big butted girl, I can feel his pain. :)


I love my boy though. I wish all of the rest of the people could see how wonderfully special and loving he is.

I can't get enough of how cute he looks doing his jujitsu....
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan said...You are an AMAZING mother and an inspiration to those of us that know you. Don't worry about what all those other people think :) Bo looks adorable in those photos!

Nancy said...I love it! You are so on top of all the needs of the kids. It's only his second time and he will learn. Just takes a lot of patience!!!

Terri said...I can completely relate. I wish people could have known or seen the kind heart Brittain has. They just see "Geek", It breaks a mothers heart when you know people judge you children, not knowing the real people they are inside.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...