Friday, September 30, 2011

Sassafras goes to Homecoming!

Don't you love it when your oldest child causes you a little normal teenage drama and you have to ground her from FB for two weeks, which quickly turns into 4 weeks, and then you spy on her phone conversation and you hear her telling her friends... that she knows you are just protecting her and a few other really sweet things that you can't remember!!!????? Seriously. Love. that! (Thanks Janny, for all the great advice. It worked, see? I owe you!)

Kassidy went to her first Homecoming dance. She looked super pretty and had a great night.

We splurged and she go new jewelry and head band and shoes. She and my neighbors helped sew her dress. It was so pretty and I now have a little obsession with tulle skirts. I also got a neighbor friend to come and spoil her by fixing her hair. And Phew! Am I glad. Because the next day I tried to recreate her hair and....it just wasn't happening...at all. What is up with that? What makes it so stinking hard?

Kassidy and our neighbor friend, Marissa.




This was her date Cody. Super nice, ultra polite, boy. They had a fun evening.

I know in a past post I made a big fuss about how annoying day dates are, but they went on one and had a great time. It wasn't all day so it seemed just right.

Now...on to another REALLY important subject. What the heck is up with the pinning of the boutonniere! WHY. ARE. THEY. SO. HARD. TO. PIN. ON? Kassidy didn't stand a chance of getting it on and you can see the TERRIBLE job I did! Awkward!!! They went back to his house so his mom could get pictures of them (super cute idea) and his mom was able to better pin it. But what is going on with it in the first place!!! Why is there not an invention to make it easier! I mean seriously, it was SO hard. I am not exaggerating.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful dress. beautiful hair. love the accessories.
She looks gorgeous!

Timber said...

Kassidy looks gorgeous! I always had a problem pinning the boutonnieres too! My mom did them for me. The only one I did fell off as soon as we left the house (:

Janetlee said...

It takes a village...even for homecoming...what am I saying? ESPECIALLY for homecoming.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...