Friday, September 23, 2011

No one took the bait!

I tired to tease you a little bit yesterday with my comment about not judging each other because they might be driving with a fish bowl in their car. NOT one of you asked me what the heck I was talking about! I was very disappointed. So I guess I will have to tell you anyway because it is too good to waste in my own little head.


I have had the privilege of knowing and befriending one of the most miraculous women and teachers in the whole world. I have so much love for her.


She is my sons 7th grade teacher but before she was that she was my friend and ward member. (Which means she goes to church at the same time as our family.)


She married a equally wonderful man and she has been raising his 6 children plus her daughter. She is FABULOUS.

She teaches the kids super fun things. They do plays, they make mid evil models and dress up to display them, they READ the OUTSIDER!!!! (Love that book) ....They MEMORIZE a 1000 worthwhile quotes! She is funny, she is cute, she is kind. I love her.


She was a teacher in our church once. She told a story about not judging because you never know! The people might be driving the car with a fish in a bowl.

I could be wrong but the way I remember the story is....She was driving somewhere with a fish in a bowl. And people were mad at her and annoyed at her slow crappy driving. But she was like "I can't help it. I have a fish in a bowl!"

And she learned a little lesson about judging. And I love it.

Also...Make sure to read this. It's long but LIFE CHANGING!!!!!! When I was told to read it I didn't because there is just too much to read on the Internet. But really read it.

2 comments:

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Hey! I didn't "take the bait" because I got it! I just drove to Pocatello and back again with a fish in my lap because my dear son decided not to keep it at his apartment! (It now resides in my room, by the way...)

Anonymous said...

Michelle said...I didn't bite because I got it :) Mine wasn't a fish, it was having a very sick child in the car one time and not wanting to hit all the bumps in the road. So now I always wonder if they have a sick or elderly person in the car, or a crock ...pot full of soup in the front seat (I've done that, too hee hee) Judging is, in a nutshell, a sick, sad waste of time and energy and brings negativity, sadness and pain into the world. I LOVED that post on signs~ just beautiful. And I think that person of whom you spoke in your post is amazing, too~ anybody would be blessed to have her as a teacher!

Missy said...I read it and I agree. I always tell my kids, "you don't know what's happening in their lives. They might need it more then you." You just never know!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...