Friday, September 16, 2011

Don't mess with my boy! He knows the choke hold!

No stinkin' way! You know there is nothing cuter than this kid in a Gi!



(Unless you have your own kid in a Gi, Viki) But little kids barefoot in Gis are DARLING!!!!!!!


So please enjoy these ADORABLE pictures of Bo's first jujitsu class. It may not last long!





My most favorite picture as of late. Look at my boy doing the move! Love it!



Look how good he is being! Just listening to the instructor. Can't wait to find out if the instructor is really called "The Master". Oh, I hope so!!!!


aww...His arms are supposed to be in and not out but the other kid is doing it right because he has taken the class before. So Bo is just learning.

The reason it may not last long is because my friend warned me that Bo's "scholarship" was given under the one condition that I would not have my feelings hurt if Bo was not mature enough to take the class and we were told he could possibly have to wait a bit.

And...sadly, after watching him I won't be surprised if that ends up being the case. He was so stinking cute but he did also get silly and smart alecy. And then he starts to show off.

I think he was a tiny bit tripped out that is was going to be okay to do choke holds and stuff (6 year old boys dream!!!). The teacher was teaching them how to properly do a choke hold and he was practicing on another little boy and Bo told the teacher matter of factly, "You could have killed him."

The "Master" was demonstrating another choke hold. I think Bo is like..."What the crap???? I thought I WASN'T supposed to choke people! Nooo WAYYY!!!!!" *eyes a sparklin'*


When his time was up the teacher came over and said to me... "It's okay".


I thought it was so observant and nice that he would know I was worried about his behavior and that he had it under control. And he did. He handled him VERY well. So did his assistant. They had to work with him because he kept stepping forward instead of back on one of his stances. But they did great with him and I am super excited about it.

Bo knew the moves at later home:


*Attention (Arms down at side, listening)


*Get Base.... (I think it is to step back with one foot and hands up to protect self.)


Ugh! It was so CUTE!! I just wanted to eat it all up.



And just in case Corey reads this....I am SO signing Rhett up! I can really see how helpful it would be for children with ADD because it works on control and discipline (you know, so you actually don't really choke someone during practice). And it seems to be associated with dang good people. ( Judging from the whole three people I met.)


That is one goal I have with Rhett. To keep him rubbing shoulders with good men. I think with his energy level and desire to be doing ALL THE TIME he needs that. Something I have learned about him that is different from my other kids...he NEEDS to be busy all. the. time. And he needs good examples so he stays out of trouble.



I just signed him up with the same basketball coach as last year because the coach is such a kind, gentle person. Goofing around at school, Rhett made a shot at half court, with one arm just flinging the ball! Pretty cool. Also he can take off all the bike tires and fix them. I think that is pretty good! Also Corey just took him on a huge hike where he hiked over 10,000 feet high and 1 miles round trip! That's Corey's plan. Hike them to death and they can do know wrong!



TTYL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle said...That's awesome! He does look so cute er...I mean vicious and deadly *coughsorryBo* I'm glad he's loving it! Sounds like you're loving it, too :) I'm going to sign Zachary up with Bro. Guthrie for karate~ he's beyond excited as he believes this will make him truly invincible over all nefarious evil-doers.

Susan said...Love Bro. Guthrie! ·

Mary said...he's adorable

Corey said...‎11 miles not 1

Suzanne said...What a cutie!! =)

Nancy said...So glad is going! I hear it is so good with kids that are ADD. It would be great for Rhett too! Those pictures are TOO Cute!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...