Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wow! Watch out! Unexpected blessings coming my way!!!



I received a call today from a friend who knows of my struggles with Bo (Age 6). My friend works with Bo at school and has had a few exchanges with him. He told me there wasn't a mean bone in his body. I was happy to hear that. Of course I already know that but others don't see it. Bo has so much love to share when he is contained a bit.


My friend runs a jujitsu shop(?), program (?) company (?) group (?). I am not sure what the term is but he owns one.

Honestly, I don't even know what Jujitsu is versus karate or taekwando or any of those things. I do believe martial arts is the general term but all I know is.... the ADD book said material art classes where good for kids with ADD. It teaches them to learn to control their energy....(through wrestling! HA HA!).

And the only other thing I know is that the morning of the day my friend gave me a phone call, my cute little guy was showing me karate chop moves and spins.

And when my friend called me, he said he thinks Bo should take jujitsu. My heart sank a tiny bit because, yeah, I'd love to sign my kids up for all these wonderful programs. But it is costly. But my friend was calling to offer him a scholarship.

He told me when he was a boy his family couldn't have afforded for him to take jujitsu. But the owner let him work it off and that is why he is where he is now. And that he promised he would do the same and he was offering us this opportunity.

This has happened to me before. I don't know why I am surprised since I do believe Heavenly Father answers prayers. But somehow I am still surprised.

I pray....something comes my way to bless my children. I pray...something comes my way to bless them more. It's great!

I am so grateful. Grateful for blessings coming my way and grateful for good people who make them happen. I want to make them happen in others lives. I hope I'm listening.

I have one CONTINUOUS prayer in my heart for my children. One that I ask for all the time in their behalf. I can't share it but Heavenly Father knows it and I pray it will be granted someday. I pray, I pray.

Anyways, My heart gets all mushy gushy thinking about Bo in a little cute white out fit (Gee?) ready to karate chop with bare feet. SO CUTE! CAN'T WAIT! Thanks so much to my friend for the opportunity.

The only thing that deterred me a bit was when I was checking out his website and there was a spot on how to take care of your outfit. And that there is actually a way you can "tap out" of the fight because the other persons out fit is too stinky. And you can get ring worm. Uhhhh.....Can we all say... EWWWWWW!!!!!!!

My friend also had to correct Bo's poor behavior in the hall way. My children attend a charter school that has been accused of being militant. My friend Linda described it perfectly when she said.... "No, we are teaching them to behave like ladies and gentlemen."


They are not supposed to be speaking in the hall way of the school and when they walk they walk in lines with their hands down with no speaking. It keeps order. I love it.

Bo was holding on to the boy in front of him breaking the rules. My friend had to correct him and said "How do we act in the hallway?" And my little lovey dovey just gave him a hug. Melted him.

And my friend told me in regards to teaching and jujitsu, that he can always help a good heart accomplish something. And that's my Bo.

Once again, Thankful! and excited.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Look at the timing. First you do a post pledging your support to help the orphans and encouraging us to do the same. Then, you get this kind offer from a friend. There's a connection!

Janetlee said...

I had some time today to read the past 15 blog entries of yours that I hadn't read. They were all so endearing and uplifting. I love you Susan! What a writer you are.

Anonymous said...

.


Mary said...It makes sense, it's a controlled, disciplined sport...there are so many generous hearts in this world:)

Nancy said...Ask and ye shall recieve! What a blessing for Bo!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...