Sunday, January 17, 2010

Appreciation for husband Sunday the 3rd

My journey to coupon queen ship has been coming along. It is slower than I hoped, but from what I gather it takes time to learn the ropes and acquire the coupons. This week though, I did succeed in scoring what I thought was a GREAT deal. See below.



I bought all of the laundry detergent for 18 dollar! It's like 300 loads worth of laundry detergent. Sweet! Corey had gone shopping with me and thought I was crazy. After we successfully bought all the laundry detergent, we had a few other places to go. We were at Target (my favorite store) and I was helping Kassidy shop for something. I hadn't noticed Corey was gone until he came back all excited and said, "Do you know how much money you saved on laundry detergent?" He had been checking out how much Target's laundry detergent was and he was quite happy.


So that is it! That is my appreciation of Corey this week. He gave me "words of affirmation" and that is my "love language". Have you all read those books? "The 5 love languages"... They have a variety of series, love languages for children, spouses, teens, etc... They are really great and helpful. They help you learn how you and other,s feel loved. Some people feel loved through physical touch, others time, and mine is definitely words of affirmation.

I felt really great when Corey validated my efforts in trying to save our family money.

(The one sad note is, I learned the coupon queen is getting her exact same laundry detergent for only 50 cents a bottle. Mine was 1.50. BLASTED!)

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...