Friday, January 1, 2010

Did you get a visit from Baby New Year? WHAT...? You didn't?


HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I made some goals:
  • Monthly temple attendance
  • Daily personal and family scripture study
  • Write a novel
  • Order the 4th season of Dog the Bounty Hunter and a bumper sticker!

Another new year started off right with... food,

Nielsen's gourmet hoagies, see the avacodo spread? Heaven!

MUST HAVE oyster! MMMMMmmmm.....Love them! I have one kid eating them, otherwise they are all mine! Tradition from when I was a kid!

and also sleeping in, and gifts left by Baby New Year! What did you say? You didn't receive gifts from Baby New Years? Oh...Sad. I love Baby New Year! (although I have been a little disturbed ever since I saw the grown man in diapers at Time Square. Our Baby New Year is NOT creepy like that!)




We are the only people I know of whom receive gifts from baby new year. As far as we know it was started by my dad's parents, Charles and Zarman. It occurred from the time my dad can remember. One time they had an extra big Baby New Year, (usu sally it is only one present). Charles and Zarman, ordered all the children's Christmas presents through Sears. Unfortunately Christmas Eve day came and the presents had not. They had to rush to the store and buy all new presents. After Christmas, but before New Years, all the presents arrived. That year they received extra presents. So every year my brother and I received a gift from Baby New Year! I love it. Sometimes when the let down of Christmas being over hits there is just that one last thing to look forward to. For what ever reason my dad's family also received those yummy frosted animal crackers with the sprinkles on them. I only learned that two years ago so that hasn't been part of our tradition. I specifically remember one year getting "Babe" perfume. You know, the all pink one... Fun memories.

Well that cat is out of the bag!

What did my wonderful BFF's do for me that I have kept a secret?

They got so SICK of me not having a cell phone they surprised me with one! (I know... we totally could end up on Judge Judy over it!) One night, after Christmas, me and my friends were standing around Viki's most FABULOUS new soap stone island talking, when Camy handed me a phone. On the screen it said, "Susan this is your new cell phone." I was confused and didn't want to take something so nice. But they, in their gracious way, made me feel like I was doing them a favor by taking it because they were getting so sick of not being able to get ahold of me the second they wanted to. That is the kind of friends they are. Amazingly sweet, huh? It is an amazing gift to have girlfriends who care about you. We (all of us) are not alone in the world! Heavenly Father has given us each other and I am very grateful for His most perfect plan.

Thanks GNO BFF's. You are the greatest! I love this phone from the bottom of my heart. I have been the last person on earth to have a cell phone. My Sister in law has had one for 12 years! My husband gets one from his work so we have never justified me getting one financially. But now I am keeping up with civilization and I am SUPER excited! And the best part is, I have UNLIMITED text! I didn't know what I was missing! I can see how those kids text so much on one day! I love it!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...