Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pucker up, Baby!



It worked! I had my first ever super successful couponing transaction! Hallelujah! (is it bad to say that?) That is how I felt! I could see how this can become a new way of life fast! Once you've worked hard to save that money you aren't going to want to spend it frivolously else where!

Okay- Here is how it went down. Walgreen's is besoming my new best friend.

I read these coupon queen blogs and I used 2 coupons I printed off (the blogs tell you exactly where to get everything) and I bought two containers of chap stick that I have never before used in my life (but for free what the heck, right?) So each chap stick was $5.49 but when you buy two they were $8 total. Then I used two coupons for $3 off each which brought my total down and with tax it was $2.48. So yes, it cost me $2.48. But then the cash register shot me out something called Register Rewards (RR) and it was for 3 dollars. So you use it just like cash. So technically I earned money! Awesome, huh?! So with all the money I am going to save I can send my kidlets to ski club with their Neosporin Lip Health chap sticks and they will be good to go!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Good Job! I've been couponing for awhile now and I couldn't survive without it. I don't go all out like some of those coupon queens but I save quite a bit of money. The easiest way to save money is to make sure you're shopping the sales at each grocery store and using coupons only for stuff you actually use. I'll use different brands but I'm not going to buy something just because I have a coupon for it! Plan your meals around what's on sale (I usually start with the meat). Sometimes it's hard going to Albertsons and Smiths and Walgreens and Waremart and Walmart, but it is worth it in the end. That's why people say it's like having a part time job! Keep it up!

Amanda said...

Yeah!! I'm so proud of you! Transactions like these are the ones you should get started with, because they usually go well no problem! Keep up the great work! I also wrote you back on my blog about the question you posted. Feel free to ask me anything or any confusion you may have :)

Janetlee said...

I didn't think it was possible. Way to go!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...