Sunday, January 31, 2010

Appreciation for husband Sunday the 5th (Actually just something I thought was cute and fun this week about Corey)

This week was Pine Wood Derby for our son, Rhett. Rhett and his dad worked on the car together. Rhett sawed the pattern he chose and painted it the way he wanted and worked hard on it. Corey added the weights onto the bottom of the car. To my surprise and I think even to Corey's surprise, Rhett car won almost every race! We have never had a winning car before (its hard to beat those bought off eBay!) and we were quite excited. Of course you have to contain your excitement because you don't want to make the other little kids feel bad or act like your bragging.




Rhett's car: 3rd car from left. (It took all my self control not to fix his red stripe down the middle)


I found it especially cute after it was obvious that Corey and Rhett had a produced a winning car that Corey was sitting in his chair trying to act all nonchalant about it.


I teased him about trying to act cool like he wasn't too excited and he flashed me a smile and asked if it showed to much.

Funny!

1 comment:

kirstensblog said...

Way to go, Rhett and Corey! Love that smoldering happiness!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...