Sunday, July 25, 2010

Appreciation for husband Sunday the 28th

Every year, we have the best little community dinner and talent show for the 24th of July (Pioneer day). I always get the kids, who are still willing, to dress up and decorate their bikes. We love it! I think they look so adorable, especially the boys who happily wear mustaches and even choose the style of mustache they want. I use my eyeliner pencil and have been blessed not to EVER get an eye infection from drawing on their faces.


(Sadly, Nathan, in not so many words, informed me this will be his last year in this get up. Cry.)

I usually have a toddler to push in a stroller for the parade. I know it is crazy but all these little "extras" take energy and I get tired. Misc. activities on Sat, helping kids decorate bikes, getting pioneer clothes out of storage, dressing them up, getting their mustaches on, bikes loaded in car, dealing with little kids at the huge community dinner, going through dinner line, getting drinks...etc.... oh... and also walking our youngest in the parade. All my physical and mental energy is getting used to the max every day with the wonderful/hard task of doing the best I can with 6 children.

So when Corey volunteered to walk the toddler in the parade I was ecstatic!!!! Normally it is my job. But I was so happy so I could wait at the end of the parade and get my pictures. (I am also the ward historian) (aka: scrapbooker- yes it is a real church calling, who knew, right?)




Yea, Corey!!!!




Bo had such a good time decorating his bike. The tape got a little out of control.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Susan, I doubt you even remember me, since it was just one year of early morning seminary and high school that we shared before I moved to Utah (I was in the Marston Lake II ward). My 20th reunion made me think a lot about where I started high school and the people I knew then, and a few facebook clicks later -- voila! So I hope it doesn't creep you out. I really wanted to comment and let you know I love the testimony you are sharing here. I can tell, just from a quick glimpse, how much you love the Savior. Your children must be very lucky indeed. Take care.
Jenni Kohler
www.mywordseed.blogspot.com

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...