Monday, July 5, 2010

Appreciation for Husband Sunday the 26th that never was.

I just didn't get to it.

Corey was gone camping and after church I watched movies and scrapbooked all day (in between keeping a 2 1/2 year old busy and out of my stuff) and then got depressed for being such a lazy bum.

I learned a scary lesson about myself. This is the second time this lesson has reared it's ugly head but this time it was solidified to me. I am going to be a HORRID empty nester. I get sad just thinking about it. I always think if I could just have some time to relax and do my own thing... but then when I get it, I quickly get sad and depressed. I don't want my kids to ever grow up and go away and not love me anymore.

Okay, I know that is dramatic and not true. I do want them to grow up and move out and love their new families. Of course I do. But I am going to have to learn to adjust somehow and I am not sure how to work that out. Maybe that is why all my older friends are back in school.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Kim said...You know, I feel the same way, Susan. I will have to find things to keep myself very busy when it's time for Rachel to leave the nest.
But ...
Just think of all the wonderful little grandkids in your future. If you ever have an empty nest, ...it won't be for long! ♥
Mary said...enjoy them while they are home, but there is no better feeling than knowing you've raised independent, good human beings...they will always love you even if they don't always show it, just like us with our parents!!!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...