Friday, July 30, 2010

Stupid mountains are annoying.

In case anyone cares I am being forced, against my will, to go hiking tomorrow. BLECK, BLECK, BLECK. But because I am a person who like to please other people... I am going. It is a terrible personality trait. I don't recommend it. It makes you have to do things against your will because your personality deems it. But I guess making Corey happy is the right things to do so I am going and I shan't utter another nasty word about it.

Except for this..... I was raised in the big city. I like it there! I am safer there! I feel better there. I hate the woods. It is scary and bad and unsafe. You can get lost, or hot, or cold, or lonely, or bathroomless. Not to mention tired and dirty and with ticks. Also not to mention...EATEN by just crazy animals that are running free in the woods able to think their own thoughts which just might be to hunt and kill you. ie:cougars. They do that for sport. It is true. I saw a guy on Oprah who said so. Also the wolves have gotten really bad and the grizzly have nothing to eat so they are attacking people. Nice.

Also, I like to wash my hand like 40 times a day. It makes me feel better. You can't get clean in the woods. You just can't.

Also you can't trust my husband when he says it is an easy hike. And also I was raised by an agoraphobic mother and I am a home body. I could stay home all the time. And be happy about it. I get nervous driving places.

So there. Sometime next week I will post pictures of what my husband's "trail camera" saw in the woods and then you will agree with me that being home is best.

And nicest. And safest. And has a bathroom with soap and a sink. And water you just turn on and it is there.

Speaking of soap.... my faithful blog follower and FB friend makes soap. Interesting, huh? She sent us some samples and they are yummy! I love the grapefruit and lemon ones. And oatmeal because that always makes you feel so natural. (that's ironic since apparently I don't enjoy nature...) Oh well. Be her friend on FB and check out her soap! I want to do something cool like make soap. Don't you? It just seems like a cool thing to do. Samish Bay Soaps.



Sorry. I don't know how to make a link.

3 comments:

CHK said...

It is family time. Enjoy yourself! Think of the good things! You should now write about how good it is to be in God's beautiful creations! Buck up little camper.

Pirate Princess said...

How to make a link:

Go into HTML and where you want to put the link type Samish Bay

Only don't put the spaces between href=" - I only did that so it wouldn't make a link. Anyway, dear friend, that's the code. Once you've got that typed in, you can go back to "compose" mode and it should show up as a link so you can double check. =)


As for hiking.... I liked hiking when I was younger. Now - I've seriously got to loose some weight. And get my ankle to stop hurting. HEY! Maybe you could feign a sprain?? :D

Susan said...

Melissa said...I'm never disappointed when I read your blog, its always so entertaining! You've become a regular conversation piece with my jogging buddies & myself as I'm always telling them about your blogs. I love them! Thank you for being honest & thank you for being you!

Kim said...I love reading your blog. And, what a nice treat to get to the end and see the sweet comments about the soap! Thank you, Susan! I'm glad you like it! Can't wait to hear about your hike. ;)

Nancy said...I am sorry you don't like the beautiful outdoors! I hate camping, but do enjoy the scenery! Have fun on your hike!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...