Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I am raising a homemaker!


My girlie LOVES to help me with the laundry.

Whenever she knows I am changing loads she stands at the dryer with the lid pulled down. I plop the clothes from the washer onto the dryer lid and she says, "tankyou", and she shoves them in. We do that over and over again until the load is all in the dryer. She "tanks" me every time I give her some laundry to push in. It is so cute and yummy I could just eat it up!

Funny story about our washer and dryer...

We bought them when we were pregnant with Kassidy. (Yes, by the way, on the first pregnancy "we" were pregnant. Corey read the baby book every few days and we would learn about how big the baby was and what changes the baby was going through. After that, I was on my own with the rest of them! He just showed up at ultrasound and delivery. No resentment there though. I liked hogging the experience all to myself.)

Back to the washer and dryer...I remember when they were all clean and new and I washed all of Kassidy's new baby things in them and prepared her clothing, awaiting her arrival. We were so happy with them because the inside was porcelain, I believe, and wouldn't rust if you left a penny in the bottom. Sweet memories.

We bought them after we unexpectedly received $800 dollars back in taxes! We had JUST paid 10% of our income to tithing, which probably wasn't much then, but a sacrifice nonetheless. Then we got the extra money from taxes. We were so thrilled and thought we had been blessed for our tithes. A miracle! We went and bought the washer and dryer. Kitchenaid. They have been GREAT! Shortly after we bought them however we learned the IRS had made a mistake and wanted their money back... with interest! Ha! Go figure!

We are still believers though and have kept the faith.

3 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

lol - You just needed a shove to make the purchase. ;)

She is yummy! I adore your expletives!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! I laughed at the IRS part....so much for miracle of paying your tenth....;-)

Susan said...

Kim Heinke said... What a sweetie!

Mary McDowell said... so cute!!!!!!!!

Carolyn Nielsen Cook Burr said... How cute--how did the family do camping?

Susan Chamberlain Nielsen said... They did GREAT! A blog is in the works on that.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...