Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December First! "Christ was compassionate"

Many of you may remember my marathon last year of teaching my children about Christ every day in December. I still remember it because for some reason it was a lot of work. I tried to do a mini lesson everyday and it was really a GREAT month. The kids seemed to like it. And I felt our hearts change. I think. Really. I think it did. But as does most things, it wears off and you go back to normal. So I guess it is a good thing December is here again. Because although I try to teach my kids on a regular basis and we go to church and try to follow the commandments, focusing on Christ and His life every day is just way cool!



So, Because life somehow seems more crazy than even last year (how does it keep getting worse?) I was really thankful when I was given this paper that had a month of stories from Christ's life already mapped out for me. I am going to call our month, "Christ lights our way". Maybe we will make lanterns on Christmas eve when we are all done.



So we will be reading to candle light. Which was super cool. We read about the woman who touched Jesus robe and through her faith was healed. And how Jesus sorta outed her by asking who touched Him. And I had just recently heard a few thoughts on that. He outed her out of kindness. Because then everyone would know she had now been healed and didn't have the illness anymore. And also so everyone would know that she was faithful and that Christ loved her.



And then we read how Jarius daughter was raised from the dead. But Jesus asked them to not tell anyone. We don't know why. Kassidy is going to ask her seminary teacher tomorrow and report back.



So that was our day 1! I have been debating for a few weeks what to do and I think this is going to be just right. Let me know if you want a copy...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love a copy!

Susan said...

C. Kent Chamberlain said... Good plan, carry on and report back daily and we won't need to read the scriptures.

Linda Hansen Holt said... What? I have to read this on your blog? Hello...! I need all the help I can get around here. I'd love a copy please!

Amy Kalakay Ward said... Me too, me too!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...